YOUR TEAM CAN STREAM PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE FOR FREE – 18-20 MAY 2021
Prohibition Partners LIVE returns for a third edition in less than two weeks’ time. The three-day virtual event will bring together more than 600 delegates, as well as 60 industry-leading speakers from across the globe, to explore and debate the cannabis industry’s most pressing topics: from legislation and social equity, to more mainstream opportunities in areas like wellness and blockchain.
This is an incredible opportunity to learn from some of the most influential stakeholders and biggest brands in the industry, to educate your team, and develop your business – all for free. Don’t pass on this unmissable event. Watch each of the first 2-days of panel discussions with a FREE Streaming Pass.
EUROPEAN UNION ADDS CBG AS AN APPROVED INGREDIENT FOR COSMETICS AND SKINCARE
ILLINOIS’ NEW RECORD IN CANNABIS SALES REACHES US$1 BILLION – EXCEEDING LIQUOR SALES FOR 2021
- Switzerland seeks to further align cannabis legislation with scientific research to better protect consumers.
- Hemp growing returns to Scotland with launch of country’s first farmers’ collective.
- Industry first as medical cannabis company wins UK’s prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2021.
- Poland nearing an agreement to bring THC rules in line with the EU’s.
- HempFlax announces record 43% revenue increase, showing soaring demand for hemp products.
- Progress for Italy’s hemp industry as new proposal receives unanimous approval.
- Global cannabis demonstration will go ahead but must strictly adhere to COVID restrictions.
- The Botanicals is the first company to be awarded a licence to grow high-THC cannabis in Switzerland.
- Pennsylvanian bill will allow for the sale of cannabis in liquor stores.
- Missouri’s growing population creates new constitutional minimum for medical cannabis licences.
- Green Thumb significantly expands production and retail capabilities with US$217 million acquisition.
- New law allows Louisiana patients access to smokable medicinal cannabis, with adult-use cannabis bill to follow.
- Ascend Wellness Holdings goes public to become one of the world’s largest cannabis companies.
- ACC to expand production facilities after securing major Colorado acquisition.
- West Virginia finally allows eligible citizens to register for medical cannabis, years after law is passed.
- Tennessee congress passes bill limiting medicinal cannabis access to those with strict qualifying conditions.
- Alabama next in line to legalise medicinal cannabis after the House passes an amended cannabis bill.
- Progress for cannabis legalisation in Kansas as lawmakers prepare to vote on bill.
Prohibition Partners’ research indicates that between 9% and 30% of Europeans have tried CBD products in the past 12 months (as of early 2020), equating to tens of millions of consumers each year.
The data indicates high usage rates of CBD in European countries at the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, with evidence showing that consumption of CBD products increased throughout the pandemic across the globe. Find out more in The European Cannabis Report: 6th Edition.
- Approval of Tilray and Aphria merger creates world’s largest cannabis company.
- Pro-cannabis legislation advances in the US presenting major opportunities for Canadian companies.
- Canadian company plans to build affordable homes using hemp-based construction materials.
- 3Fifteen Primo Cannabis partnership will introduce Heritage medical cannabis products to the US.
- High Tide’s latest acquisition will see annual revenue surpass C$40 million.
- Regulatory hurdles hamper growing interest in seed-to-sale on-farm cannabis model.
- Sundial Growers to significantly expand retail store network with latest acquisitions.
- Study shows cannabis use in Quebec is increasing during lockdown.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Breakthrough in Latin America as first Chilean cannabis medicine is prescribed for Peruvian patients.
- Regulation blocking small Paraguayan farmers from cultivating hemp unlikely to change soon.
- Demand for cannabis soars as 70% of Brazilians support medical cannabis.
- Brazilian cannabis business accelerator announces Uruguayan expansion.
- Senior Brazilian politician defends national cannabis production bill, citing wide benefits.
- Córdoba heeds cannabis laws allowing self-cultivation of cannabis for medicinal uses.
- Canadian-Colombian medical cannabis producer PharmaCielo focuses on Brazilian market.
- Canna Care to purchase shares worth THB50 billion in cannabis company Golden Triangle Group.
- Asia Horizon CEO suggests ways on how China can better regulate CBD cosmetics market.
- Most of New Zealand’s cannabis users support transitioning to a legal cannabis scheme.
- New Zealand government confirms no amnesty for thousands of illegal medicinal cannabis suppliers.
- Australian TGA warns against potential health risks of medicinal cannabis obtained illegally.
- Epsilon completes installation of its cannabis manufacturing facilities, beginning medicinal cannabis production.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Morocco announces European market as primary target for medical cannabis supply.
- Israeli cannabis company’s entry into Brazilian market presents major growth opportunity.
- South African government addresses legalisation demand by announcing major cannabis industry investment.
- Panaxia Israel sells local cannabis retail operation, demonstrating confidence in export potential.