4 DAYS TO GO UNTIL PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE: SECURE YOUR FREE PASS
The three-day virtual event (18–20 May) will bring together more than 1,000 delegates and 60 industry-leading speakers from across the globe, to explore and debate the most pressing topics in the global cannabis industry: from policy, reform and research, to science, business and investment.
FREE streaming passes will enable your team to learn from some of the most influential stakeholders and biggest brands in the industry, by watching the first two days of panel discussions live online.
REPUBLICAN LAW MAKERS INTRODUCE A BILL TO FEDERALLY LEGALISE CANNABIS
CHINA PLACES SYNTHETIC CANNABIS-RELATED SUBSTANCES ON CONTROLLED DRUGS LIST
- Slow progress for UK Novel Foods with just 40% of applications reaching the next stage towards approval.
- Signs that Malta’s stance on cannabis could change as Labour Party prepares legislation proposal.
- Personal-use cannabis possession limit to be raised in German state but legalisation looks unlikely.
- Repeal of Czech Republic’s criminal code a major boost for cannabis growers.
- German medical cannabis company becomes country’s first to be listed on stock exchange.
- Hemp project launch in Sicily could enable more diverse and sustainable cannabis agriculture.
- Senior European cannabis industry figures fight back against Germany’s hemp crackdown.
THE SPANISH GOVERNMENT VOTES IN FAVOUR OF EXAMINING THE BENEFITS OF LEGALISING MEDICAL CANNABIS
Yesterday, the Comisión de Sanidad y Consumo (Spanish Congressional Health and Consumer Affairs Commission) voted to establish a subcommittee with the express purpose of exploring the potential of medical cannabis legalisation.
The commission focused on examining policies in other countries and producing a report for the consideration of the government. The proposal was accepted with 20 votes in favour vs. 14 against.
- Louisiana House approves bill decriminalising cannabis with cannabis sales tax bill to follow.
- Rule change in Minnesota sees pressure on cannabis farmers lifted.
- Medicinal cannabis could be legalised in Nebraska this week.
- Sullivan University in Kentucky receives approval to offer a cannabis business course.
- Charlotte’s Web announces massive revenue increase, solidifying hemp wellness market dominance.
- First vote on cannabis bill signals progress for legalisation in Minnesota.
- Georgia to expand its medical cannabis programme to include low-THC cannabis.
- Clone initiative marks Dutch floricultural giant’s first entry into US hemp market.
Cannabis Europa returns to Prohibition Partners LIVE next week (Tuesday). Between 18 and 20 May, European business leaders, investors, policy makers and healthcare professionals will converge virtually to shape the future of cannabis.
With the cannabis market in Europe forecast to be worth €3.2 billion by 2025, there is irrefutable momentum towards the continent becoming the world’s largest cannabis market. Cannabis Europa at Prohibition Partners LIVE provides the perfect platform to initiate change and transform the European cannabis industry. Be part of the change and help shape the future of cannabis.
- New Avicanna initiative will supply major hospitals with medical cannabis products.
- High Tide completes major step towards Nasdaq listing with consolidation announcement.
- Ayurcann partners with Kindred in order to have greater access to the adult-use cannabis market.
- Heritage partners with CannMart to significantly expand market reach.
- Canadian company Flora Growth becomes the most recent to be publicly traded on the Nasdaq.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Talks on allowing cannabis production advance in Argentina between cannabis advocates and local provinces.
- Pharmacies in Uruguay will be able to sell stronger cannabis variants following regulatory approval.
- Argentinian local province approves initiative allowing safe access to medical cannabis.
- Argentina makes first public purchase of medical cannabis for patients without medical insurance.
- Suriname to join the global cannabis industry with the creation of its cannabis agriculture task force.
- Uruguay’s pharmaceutical leader expands global reach with acquisition of Europe’s largest cannabis extractor.
- Incannex partners with Australia’s largest sleep science researcher to develop cannabis treatment.
- New Zealand government will not consider cannabis amnesty for palliative care patients.
- Medical Kiwi announces distribution agreement, implying cannabis smart-inhalers could hit NZ market soon.
- Cannahub plans to significantly accelerate medical cannabis research progress following EU funding.
- Thailand’s largest maker of ready-to-drink teas has created terpene-based, cannabis-flavoured drinks.
- Emyria planning to use new smartphone application to monitor cannabis-based medical treatments.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Experts to deliver research which could change Mauritius’ stance on medical cannabis legalisation.
- Major development for Israel’s medical cannabis market as the first shipment to meet import requirements lands.
- Milestone for South African cannabis company Felbridge as first EU export completed.
- New cannabis regulations will end Uganda’s exclusive export agreement with Israel.
- Zimbabwe’s medical cannabis industry develops as 54 investors are granted production licences.
- Legalisation debate continues in South Africa despite alleged instances of police brutality.
- Zimbabwe announces groundbreaking new framework to allow legal cannabis production.
- Intercure opens Israel’s first legal overseas medical cannabis store.