KEY INSIGHTS FROM PROHIBITION PARTNERS’ PHARMACEUTICAL CANNABIS REPORT: 2ND EDITION
Most medical cannabis used to date has been in the form of products such as flower and oils which have not been approved through the traditional clinical trials process. In the absence of clinical trial results, medical cannabis products have largely reached patients via special access pathways which allow for medically supervised treatment with a given cannabinoid product.
The Pharmaceutical Cannabis Report: 2nd Edition has been compiled to assist interested parties in understanding the market for the medical use of cannabinoids and where it may be heading.
CANADIAN SECURITIES EXCHANGE TO SPONSOR BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NEW YORK SUMMIT
WORDING FOR CANNABIS SELF-CULTIVATION BILL PASSES IN ITALY’S CHAMBER OF JUSTICE
- BMW continues investment in hemp materials to decrease its CO2 impact and lifecycle CO2 emissions by 40% by 2030.
- Italian scientific association offers courses to help educate healthcare professionals on medical cannabis.
- UK SPAC Plc acquires Hellenic Dynamics, aiming to be first cannabis cultivator company to list on the LSE.
- KanaVape2.0 to release its CBD vape pen six years after court case that saw CBD legalised in Europe.
- Little Green Pharma receives first Danish cannabis shipment from its recently acquired medical cannabis facility.
- GroVida and Holigen create Association of Licensed Cannabis Companies for medical cannabis growers in Portugal.
- Majority of Isle of Man electoral candidates support some form of cannabis reform.
- Survey finds 36% of cannabis users trust dispensaries over doctors for information on cannabis and health.
- Vizcaya invests almost US$11 million in Pure Holding AG to aid the company in researching cannabis plant pangenomes.
- Missouri’s medical cannabis industry has added 4,000 jobs to the market in less than a year, during a labour shortage.
- Red White & Bloom receives approval in Michigan to commence operations, and obtain licensing for its intended facilities.
- Federal courts in Guam and Northern Mariana Islands to host seminars regarding cannabis legislation for tourism.
- Ayr Wellness announces its intention to acquire Levia, adding Levia’s cannabis-infused drinks line to its portfolio.
- CBD beverage trademarking illegal under FDA regulations, highlighting the double standards within the cannabis industry.
- Ohio cannabis-cultivation programme to be available to those previously incarcerated for cannabis crimes.
- Denver voters to decide on increasing cannabis taxes, to fund pandemic-related research and education programmes.
- California’s DCC publishes two emergency cannabis regulations on licensing and ownership.
- Veterinarians in Nevada to be allowed to treat patients with CBD products containing less than 0.3% THC.
- Cresco Labs expands further into Massachusetts after the closing of its US$90 million deal with Cultivate.
EARLY BIRD TICKET SALES FOR CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON ENDING SOON
Join investors, policy makers and influential cannabis industry leaders at Cannabis Europa London on 10-11 November. Help shape the future of cannabis in Europe. Network with investors ready to deploy capital, get first-hand insight from regulatory and policy leaders, gain inside knowledge on Europe’s emerging cannabis market, and meet influential industry leaders from all over the world.
Early Bird Ticket sales end on 22 September 2021.
- Flora Lab receives GMP certification for manufacturing non-cannabis and cannabis-based cosmetic products.
- Valens partners with Australian Epsilon Healthcare, achieving GMP manufacturing and Asian market access opportunities.
- Canadian cannabis industry leaders analyse the factors that will shape the next stage of the Canadian cannabis industry.
- Canadian study finds no increase in traffic-related injuries after the legalisation of adult-use cannabis.
- Credibility still lacking with Canadian mammoth.
- Flora Growth launches seed-to-sale tracking technology to create new global standards for product validation.
- Researchers have examined a year’s worth of tweets to assess the success of Ontario’s cannabis retail rollout.
- Quebec cannabis activist takes ban on self-cultivation to the Supreme Court, in response to Court of Appeals ruling.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- The island of Saint Lucia to decriminalise cannabis, wipe cannabis records, and allow possession of up to 30 grams.
- Colombian president Iván Duque signs decree allowing the production and export of medical cannabis flower material.
- Cann Farm receives first Peruvian cannabis production licence under the country’s new regulations.
- Cannim’s high-THC medical cannabis available to Australian patients under the Special Access Scheme.
- Uruguay to allow medical cannabis with higher THC limits to be sold in pharmacies.
- More than 4,000 CBD-rich cannabis seeds are expected to arrive in Argentina from the US for research and production.
SAVE $795 WITH GROUP TICKET DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NEW YORK
We’re just weeks away from the Business of Cannabis: New York summit on 29 September. There is still a chance to secure your seat at the exclusive event – and save up to $795 with our popular group ticket discount. Purchase four tickets and only pay for three whilst tickets are still available.
The first joint event of Business of Cannabis and Prohibition Partners will see 300+ industry leaders descend on New York. We will bring together the most influential business, financial and political thought leaders in the sector for a day-long programme, providing a best-in-class networking and knowledge hub for the sector.
- Australian companies prepare for regulation changes allowing cannabinoid products to be sold in pharmacies.
- Professional Bull Riders and AUDACIOUS partner to create branded CBD topicals line.
- eCargo Holdings partners with UK’s Love Hemp, bringing European CBD cosmetics and wellness products to Asian market.
- Lawyers draft cannabis bill that would decriminalise cannabis use and self-cultivation of two plants in Tasmania.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Zimbabwe’s cannabis programme awards German, Canadian and Swiss companies cultivation and processing licences.
- Cannabis compliance technology Efixii approved by Israeli government for researching cannabis production capacity.
- Canonic receives approval from the Israeli Medical Cannabis Agency for its first product line, containing high THC levels.