NEW YORK CANNABIS LEGALISATION A ‘PIVOTAL MOMENT’ FOR THE INDUSTRY – LEAFLY CEO
Ahead of delivering the keynote speech at Business of Cannabis: New York next week (September 29), Leafly CEO Yoko Miyashita has emphatically endorsed the legalisation of cannabis in New York as being a ‘pivotal moment’ for the North American cannabis industry.
Legalisation in New York, Miyashita says, could have profound, positive economic implications, whilst also providing a blueprint for a socially equitable, socially just and diverse cannabis industry. Importantly, the Leafly CEO believes legalisation in New York will also push federal legalisation forward.
CANNABIS BANKING PROVISIONS IN THE SAFE BANKING ACT PASSED BY HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
EIHA DEMANDS HIGHER THC ALLOWANCES FOR HEMP SEED OIL AND DRY FOODS
- Spain approves its first medical cannabis-based medicine, Epidyolex, for the treatment of severe medical conditions.
- Italy’s cannabis cultivation referendum reaches 500 thousand signatures one week after being launched.
- Zurich prepares for cannabis study, calling for pharmacies and other interested parties to serve as cannabis clubs.
- French hemp laws will force farmers to be contracted to industrialists, with no ability to sell to small-scale producers.
- UK plans to launch a cannabis medicine clinical trial for drug-resistant epilepsy patients beginning at the end of 2021.
- Luxembourg to release measures for cannabis regulation, though plans for adult-use legalisation remain unclear.
- The majority of German political parties support removing hemp from drug law jurisdiction, to allow for further research.
- Scotland decriminalises drug possession including cannabis, issuing warnings instead of criminal charges.
- Apeiron Investment Group invests further in Synbiotic SE, now accounting for 45% ownership of the company.
- Amazon supports Cannabis Administration and Opportunities Act, which would legalise cannabis at a federal level.
- The AAFCO says it requires more research into hemp animal feed before legalising it at the federal level.
- Sen. Liz Krueger to provide details on New York’s cannabis legalisation model at Business of Cannabis: New York summit.
- Pennsylvania senators to discuss introducing DUI protections for medical cannabis patients.
- Patients registered with the medical cannabis programme in Connecticut to be allowed to cultivate for personal use.
- New Hampshire to introduce constitutional amendment that would see adult-use cannabis legalised in the 2022 ballot.
- CannaTrac Technologies prepares for a public listing on the US OTC market, the CSE and the FSE.
ONLY 20 TICKETS REMAINING FOR BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NEW YORK
There are just five days to go until the inaugural Business of Cannabis: New York summit on 29 September at the Rainbow Room, Rockefeller Center. There are just 20 tickets remaining for the exclusive event.
This is your last chance to join over 300 influential investors, policy makers and business leaders to shape the future of cannabis in New York.
- Aurora Cannabis announces it will be closing its facility in Edmonton, Alberta, citing profitability and competitor strains.
- A Canadian start-up has raised C$1 million of C$5 million target to launch hemp plastics manufacturing company.
- University of Niagara receives a licence to grow industrial hemp for its Commercial Cannabis Production course.
- Vape and cannabis dealer Spyder Cannabis has begun trading on the TSX Venture.
- BevCanna to acquire cannabis beverage company Embark Health Inc, adding C$17 million in assets to its portfolio.
- Delta 9 Cannabis Inc continues expansion with the opening of its 16th retail store, the 11th cannabis store in Manitoba.
- Halo Collective Inc. announces it has raised C$20 million via its at-the-market equity financing programme.
- Sundial set to release the first legal infused pre-rolled cannabis products onto the Canadian market.
- Heritage enters into agreement with High Tide, allowing production and distribution of labelled products.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Brazilian councillor in Joinville proposes to regulate distribution of medical cannabis to patients.
- The legislative assembly of São Paolo launches a parliamentary front to improve cannabis legislation in the state.
- The Provincial Association of Medicinal Cannabis, which aims to help Argentina’s cannabis farmers, obtains legal status.
- Colombia prepares for new cannabis regulations legalising cannabis dispensaries and cannabis stores.
- APOTEKA finalises distribution agreement with Valens, bringing Valens’s products to Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Flora Growth announces intention to enter into Panama’s cannabis market through its partnership with Robust Farms Inc.
- Colombia to allow foreign investment in its cannabis industry which would see an estimated US$288 million economic gain.
AMPLIFY YOUR BRAND AT CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON – 10-11 NOVEMBER
Cannabis Europa sponsorship offers brands exposure to some of the most influential stakeholders in the international cannabis
We have a number of different sponsorship packages available that we can discuss with you.
- Epsilon receives first order from Valens, valued at AU$540 thousand for its white-label medical cannabis products.
- India Hemp Organics prepares to export its hemp and CBD products to North America, Australia and GCC regions.
- Zelira signs exclusive distribution agreement with IM Cannabis Corp for its insomnia cannabis medication product.
- Legalise Cannabis Australia party changes name to unify cannabis political parties and for cannabis-term inclusivity.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Globe-Cann expands into South Africa to provide consulting services to cannabis companies in the region.
- An Israeli medical cannabis association brings a petition to high court to stop medical cannabis price hikes.
- Bophelo secures its first distribution agreement with Cantourage, bringing its products to the European market.
- Ghanaian Court of Appeal judge supports the commercialisation of cannabis for economic gain and foreign exchange.