International Cannabis Weekly: 221
NEWLY RELEASED INUSTRIAL HEMP REPORT ONLY AVAVILABLE IN THE IMPACT SERIES: REPORT BUNDLE
Get ahead with Prohibition Partners’ report bundle, The Impact Series. This series of reports analyses how cannabis is disrupting more mainstream and traditional industries, such as food, drinks, beauty, construction and manufacturing, amongst others.
This package of five reports includes digital copies of Prohibition Partners’ Industrial Hemp, Disrupting Petcare, Disrupting Food, Disrupting Drinks and Disrupting Beauty.
FINLAND’S SUPREME COURT ALLOWS CBD IMPORTATION ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS
SOCIAL SERVICES IN ARGENTINA COURT ORDERED TO PROVIDE CANNABIS OIL TO EPILEPSY PATIENT
- Portuguese medical cannabis company Pure Healing breaks record with auto-flowering plant containing 28% THC.
- Italy’s cannabis referendum handed over to supreme court with 630,000 signatures collected in support of legalisation.
- Flora Growth begins concurrent studies on cannabis for chronic pain in the US and the UK in order to fast-track timelines.
- Medical cannabis company Cantourage prepares for its IPO with a preliminary tripple-digit million euro figure.
- Spanish cannabis seed company Plantasur recommences trade despite a recent raid by authorities mid-October.
- Hemp Federation Ireland takes the government to the high court after a 40% decrease in hemp farming in two years.
- Former UK health minister supports medical cannabis reform to bolster post-pandemic economic recovery.
- Drapalin searches for participants to study the effects of medical cannabis on ADHD in adults.
CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON IS SOLD OUT: STREAMING TICKETS AVAILABLE
Cannabis Europa London is bringing together the best of the European cannabis industry for a day of focused panels, unrivalled networking and pivotal insights right from the source.
Tickets are all sold out, however we’ve ensured that you don’t miss out on this industry defining event by making it available to watch live with a FREE streaming ticket.
- New York takes steps toward legalising home cultivation of up to six plants for medical cannabis patients.
- Minnesota sends out Hemp Acreage and Production Survey to 569 hemp farmers, to improve processes and policies.
- An Arkansas Democrat launches a campaign to place cannabis legislation on the ballot in 2022.
- Nevada records US$1 billion in cannabis sales from June 2020 to June 2021, according to the Department of Taxation.
- Rhode Island prepares for cannabis legalisation as outstanding regulatory issues are being resolved.
- Jushi Holdings to acquire Nature’s Remedy by drawing funds from its joint venture with Sundial Growers.
- Washington D.C. cannabis bill will no longer include Harris Rider, allowing the state to regulate and tax cannabis.
SOMAÍ ANNOUNCED AS GOLD SPONSORS OF CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON
Cannabis Europa is happy to announce SOMAÍ Pharmaceuticals, a large-scale manufacturer of cannabis products, as a Gold Sponsor of Cannabis Europa London.
SOMAÍ Pharmaceuticals is focused on the creation of unique cannabis formulations for the EU market, developed and manufactured in line with EU GMP regulations for pharmaceutical products. SOMAÍ concentrates on the highest quality medical-grade pharmacological applications, produced in tandem with an experienced scientific team from the USA.
- Canada records 44% increase in cannabis sales, reaching C$375 million in the month of August.
- Creso Pharma enters the CBD sports market after bolstering its North American presence with acquisition of ImpACTIVE.
- High Tide continues Canadian expansion, opening additional Canna Cabana stores in Saskatchewan and Ontario.
- Ayurcann enters into a patient-referral agreement with The Herb Clinic, providing it with access to 4,000 patients.
- A study finds the prevalence for vaping cannabis among Canadian teenagers has doubled since 2013.
- Xebra Brands announces its listing on Frankfurt Stock Exchange, its second international listing after the CSE.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Avicanna undertakes successful export of its CBD isolate and cannabis resin from its Colombian facility to Chilean company.
- Texan company Alpha Research Institute partners with Quiasmo, furthering their cannabis research in Latin America.
- A Brazilian NGO, growing cannabis without a licence to meet the needs of patients, to increase growing capacity.
- Regulatory aspects and future projections of medical cannabis highlighted in Argentinian pharmaceutical congress.
- Brazil’s National Health Surveillance Agency approves 249 products for import, including five products containing THC.
- Peru’s Ministry of Health to receive suggestions regarding draft legislation on medical and therapeutic cannabis.
STATE OF PLAY SESSION WITH GAVIN OGILVIE AND JAY ROSENTHAL
In this State of Play Session, we will be gaining insights from the CEO of one of the fastest growing cannabis enterprises in Europe, Always Pure Organics.
Join us on 3 November for an in-depth fireside chat with Gavin Ogilvie of Always Pure Organics and Jay Rosenthal of Business of Cannabis as they discuss the future of the cannabis market in Europe.
- Little Green Pharma reports an all-time monthly high revenue for September, reaching AU$1.39 million.
- A Thai resort adds cannabis-infused treatments to its menu in preparation for the return of tourists to the country.
- Epsilon enters into an exclusive partnership with the Valens Company, with the aim of being profitable in 2022.
- New Zealand government to help boost the country’s medical cannabis industry with NZ$760,000 in funding.
- Cannim signs a two-year deal with Epsilon to become its Australian GMP manufacturing partner.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Israel’s parliament reaches agreement on medical cannabis legislation that will allow easier access for cannabis patients.
- Morocco’s AMCUC signs agreements to develop cannabis research following its international cannabis conference.
- InterCure announces third-quarter revenue of NIS 61 million, three times its year-on-year growth.
- Survey finds Moroccans support legalising cannabis, in order to aid economic development.
- A high number of Malawian licensed hemp growers delay planting in order to line up with sustainable rain harvest practices.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.