International Cannabis Weekly: 223
LEADERS GATHER IN LONDON TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF EUROPEAN CANNABIS
Cannabis Europa London launched into gear Wednesday with its first live event after a two-year pause. This stunning event saw delegates from the world over discuss topics of pivotal importance not only in the UK cannabis industry, but also in the European, North American, African, Asian and Australian industries.
Reflecting back to Cannabis Europa’s inception in 2018, CEO and co-founder of Prohibition Holdings Stephen Murphy remarked on the progress the industry has made since then. If you missed this industry leading event, a complete round-up can be found through the link below.
BRAZILIAN PARLIAMENT TO VOTE ON LEGALISING CANNABIS CULTIVATION
THE TGA SIMPLIFIES MEDICAL CANNABIS APPROVAL PROCESSES FOR EASIER PATIENT ACCESS
- Sardinian cannabis industry farmers and workers organise sit-in to bring attention to the infiltration of criminals in the industry.
- German medical cannabis company Four 20 is registered and licensed to supply its medical cannabis in the Czech Republic.
- Ethypharm signs agreement with Clever Leaves to distribute medical cannabis extracts in Germany.
- The mayor of Tilburg in the Netherlands wants to increase current 500-gram cannabis stock limits for coffeeshops.
- HempConnect has developed technology that collects, analyses and models carbon footprint data in the hemp supply chain.
- HANetf publishes a report showcasing ways to access the cannabis investor market.
- SynBiotic announces it has secured €7 million in funding to fuel expansion as well as a dual listing on the NEO Exchange.
- Atann becomes first Portuguese company able to provide complete supply-chain operations from its facilities.
- LYPHE Group creates an industry-first Patient Representative Board, ensuring patient feedback and access.
- SOMAÍ Pharmaceuticals receives an innovative-products grant of €2.7 million by the Portugal 2020 committee.
- European CBD company newcomer, Pure Functionals, announces its plans to list on the LSE in 2022.
WATCH THE INDUSTRY-LEADING CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON LIVE EVENT NOW
Couldn’t make the event but want to catch up on the discussions, insights and projections that were shared in this most recent edition of our Cannabis Europa events?
We’ve made our Cannabis Europa London live event available to watch through YouTube. Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel for future Cannabis Europa streams and industry-defining talks, events and webinars.
- Oakland City Council announces plans to stop requiring its workers to test for cannabis.
- Curaleaf expands its North American presence with its acquisition of cannabis company Tryke for US$286 million.
- Senators to add amendments to the defence bill which would allow medical cannabis use for veterans.
- New York Cannabis Control Board bans the sale of Delta-8 THC products in the state, despite legality.
- Sarah Silverman and Seth Rogen partner with advocacy groups to encourage voters to push for federal cannabis legalisation.
- Trulieve acquires Harvest Health in a US$2 billion deal, with expected increases to Trulieve stock.
- High Tide opens 58th store in Alberta, making it the leading cannabis retailer in the province.
- Lack of municipal jurisdiction has created a high density of cannabis stores in Toronto, to the detriment of store owners.
- Alberta considers pulling out of online cannabis sales to ensure legitimacy and to discourage black market sales.
- Heritage records 20% to 25% increase in fourth quarter revenue, positioning itself to achieve positive cash flow.
- Aurora Cannabis invests in Growery in order to have a stake in the new legal market trial in the Netherlands.
- Ottawa sees increases in cannabis stores despite the market showing no increase in consumption to support it.
- Hexo Corp has laid off 155 workers and closed three of its facilities, signalling turbulent times in the company.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Colombian President Iván Duque attends start-up roundtable to discuss cannabis opportunities in the country.
- Mexico’s president of the Senate puts pressure on the Upper House to legalise adult-use cannabis before December.
- InCor undertakes study analysing the effects of CBD treatment on long Covid, with approval expected this month.
- ANVISA has added two cannabis products to imports list, the first approved products made from cannabis, not isolate.
- Fiji Kava joins CBD company The Wholefood Plant Company, giving it more direct access to the US market.
- New Zealand will donate up to NZ$1.9 million for its medical cannabis research programme managed by Greenlab.
- WA’s Committee into Cannabis and Hemp taking submissions for potential amendments on cannabis law.
- Malaysia clarifies its position on medical cannabis, stating that sufficient scientific evidence is pivotal.
- A webinar aiming to provide pharmacists with resources to prescribe low-dose CBD products set for the end of the month.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- South Africa looks to hemp farming to detoxify highly polluted former gold mining areas, and boost economic development.
- The Minister for Agriculture states the Health Ministry’s cannabis unit is blocking Israeli cannabis trade opportunities.
- South African Tourism Association says companies should look to canna-tourism for post-Covid economic recovery plan.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.