International Cannabis Weekly: 237
SECURE YOUR SUPER EARLY BIRD TICKET AND SAVE UP TO $260
You have until midnight tonight to secure your super early bird tickets for Business of Cannabis: New York and save up to $260 per ticket.
New York has wasted no time in creating foundations for one of the biggest cannabis retail markets in the world. Join us for an action-packed two days where you’ll meet business leaders, policy makers and investors for exclusive networking, talks and company presentations.
TILRAY IS SET TO BUY HEXO CORP DEBT IN NEW STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP
A NEW OHIO BILL MEANS THOSE WITH AUTISM CAN NOW ACCESS MEDICAL CANNABIS
- Estonian Organic Protein Cooperation has recently developed an EU-approved hemp variety.
- The University Medical Centre has started research into the effects of medical cannabis.
- CBD Novel Food applications have been limited with the addition of just two new suppliers.
- Summerway Capital, a UK-licensed high-THC grower, has relaunched its shares on the London Stock Exchange.
- Infrastructure firm Peel wants to break into the cannabis industry with a multi-million pound facility.
- Leafy Tunnel has closed its latest investment fund, which it believes will encourage more European investment.
SPONSORSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE EUROPEAN CANNABIS REPORT: 7TH EDITION
Position your brand at the forefront of the cannabis industry and speak directly to our audience of investors, operators and regulators. Be part of the cannabis conversation and drive real change in European legislation.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse pushes to promote federally funded research into cannabis policy reform.
- The US Department of Agriculture finds that 54,152 acres of industrial hemp were planted last year.
- Harborside Inc. acquires an additional 29.9% interest in San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury District.
- Maryland committee approves bills to put cannabis legalisation referendum on the November vote.
- A Florida university has released survey results which suggest that 75% of Florida voters support legalising cannabis.
- In Hawaii, people over 65 will soon be able to automatically qualify for medical cannabis, regardless of status.
- The value of hemp harvested in the US last year amounted to US$824 million, led mainly by flower production.
- The Supreme Court is asking the solicitor general to submit a brief on medical cannabis compensation cases.
- Approximately 25% of the Canadian population used cannabis in 2021, down from 27% in 2020.
- Cronos Group reports Q3 revenue of US$20.7 million, an increase of 80% from the previous quarter.
- High Tide announces that it plans to open a new Canna Cabana store in Alberta.
- Alberta cannabis retailers gear up for online sales after the only legal seller is closing down.
- Industry consolidation is beginning in Canada as cannabis retail acquisitions intensify.
- HYTN Cannabis Inc. has been awarded a licence amendment by Health Canada, allowing the sale of cannabis extract.
- MediPharm Labs Corporation completes a US FDA Drug Master File for pure natural CBD API.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Colombia has set a new two-tier system for maximum hemp THC levels, with the limit for flowers rising to 1%.
- Cannabis-focused start-up Green Hub expands its operations in Uruguay and Canada.
- The Colombian government has defined the use of industrial hemp in different sectors.
- Khiron Life Sciences has opened a new location in Peru, in partnership with the CDL pain clinic.
- The mayor of Bogota has signed an agreement that establishes guidelines for the medical cannabis industry.
- Canadian company PharmaCielo confirms that it will look to develop the Argentine cannabis industry.
- Project Twenty21, a study looking into the tolerance of medical cannabis, has now extended to Australia.
- A reformed cannabis firm sets up an access scheme for former colleagues who are struggling to afford medication.
- Herbidus Medical Center has become a new choice for cannabis treatments after opening its doors.
- New Zealand Health Minister Andrew Little says the ‘medical cannabis scheme is here to stay’.
Africa & The Middle East
- Despite presidential approval, there is doubt whether 3.6 tonnes of cannabis will be shipped from Colombia to Israel.
- Africa is preparing for a legal cannabis push as it is touted to supply all corners of the globe.
- Green Party president calls on the Zambia National Service to stop plans to set up cannabis cultivation plantations.
- A recent clinical trial conducted by Soroka University suggests that cannabis can be a cure for PTSD.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.