International Cannabis Weekly: 253
LAST CHANCE TO BUY TICKETS FOR CANNABIS EUROPA
With less than four days to until Cannabis Europa London at Old Billingsgate, now is your last chance to secure your seat.
The two-day conference and expo will cover the most pertinent trends and opportunities in the European cannabis industry. Attending the event will be high profile speakers, industry-leaders and politicians. Secure your seat whilst you still can.
SPANISH CONGRESS HAS APPROVED A BILL TO ALLOW MEDICAL CANNABIS
GERMANY’S DRAFT CANNABIS LAW SHOULD BE READY BY THE END OF 2022
- Swiss doctors will be able to prescribe cannabis without the need for special authorisation from 1 August.
- The Health Committee in the Bundestag has met to discuss the legalisation of cannabis.
- Tilray Brands welcomes Luxembourg’s Ministry of Health delegation to its European facility in Portugal.
- Aurora opens a new cannabis production facility in Saxony-Anhalt and will soon make its first delivery to pharmacies.
- EIHA projects that its CBD research will satisfy the requirements of the EU Food Safety Authority.
- Cannabis extraction firm 113 Botanicals is in the process of securing GMP compliance for its new facility in Sussex.
- Those aged 15–34 in the Czech Republic have ranked first in Europe for cannabis consumption, on par with the US.
The final agenda has now been released for Cannabis Europa. Over the two-day event, the jam-packed itinerary will include expert industry-insight from market forecasting to legislation and efficacy.
View the full agenda and let’s push things forward for cannabis in Europe.
- The Louisiana governor has approved 10 cannabis bills, including a measure that will expand the number of dispensaries.
- Oklahoma is eradicating illegal cannabis businesses as two lawyers have been charged with assisting non-residents.
- Congressional leaders seek protection for Indian tribes against prosecution simply because they’ve legalised cannabis.
- Vape products that were banned have been made legal again after a legal challenge was mounted in Pennsylvania.
- New Jersey adult-use cannabis sales are predicted to remain strong after a successful launch in April.
- Members of the DC Council have recently voted to prohibit most employers from discriminating against cannabis use.
- Bipartisan congressmen urge support for a forthcoming medical cannabis bill for military veterans.
- The Ute Native American tribe has launched a company to manufacture a wide range of products based on hemp.
- A growing number of Californian cities are opening cannabis cafes as the adult-use industry continues to expand.
- A study commissioned by CBD Oracle has discovered that more than half of delta-9 THC products are mislabelled.
- TerrAscend targets adult-use cannabis sales in three key regions: New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
- Despite Sundial struggling this year, it has entered into a bid for the acquisition of Zenabis.
- High Tide announces that a Cabana Cannabis Co. white-label product will be launching in Ontario in autumn.
- Data from Statistics Canada has revealed that cannabis sales in April increased by 25.8% year-on-year to C$372.4 million.
- The Valens Company has partnered with Coldhaus Distribution to provide integrated logistics solutions.
- Dalton Pharma Services announces approval for its Cannabis Analytical Test Licence from Health Canada.
The World CBD Awards is an annual event designed not only as a place to spotlight the best of best, but also as a global marketplace to do international business.
Our event gives us the amazing opportunity to have attendees from all around the world in one location, we took advantage of this & planned the full four-day event to compliment as many networking opportunities as possible so you can build relationships that will last long beyond your stay.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Flora Growth has congratulated the pro-cannabis President-Elect Gustavo Petro of Colombia on his recent victory.
- Epican Medicinals has unveiled 16 world-renowned cannabis strains to the local market in Jamaica.
- The Uruguay opposition political party has submitted a bill to allow tourists to buy cannabis.
- Medcann Pharma Genetics is expanding its operation as it looks to enter the Canadian medical cannabis market.
- Greenfern Industries has attained a Good Agriculture Practice certification for its cultivation facility in Taranaki.
- Legalise Cannabis Queensland candidate Fabrice Jarry achieved 4.8% of the vote in the Callide by-election.
- MGC Pharmaceuticals reports that a study in the use of cannabis to treat brain cancer has delivered outstanding results.
- After a number of complaints, the Thai government has restricted the legal use of adult-use cannabis.
- Doctors in New Zealand are becoming engaged about medical cannabis after a high number of patient requests.
- ECS Botanics has made the switch from catering for the broad cannabis industry to a purely medicinal focus.
Africa & The Middle East
- Labat claims that South Africa’s first cannabis clinical trial on use for pain is underway.
- The Israeli market is to target Spain for cannabis exports after it recently legalised the plant.
- The Green Leaf party in Israel is considering returning to the polls in the 2022 elections after a seven-year hiatus.
- Kanabo’s Israeli subsidiary Agritec has signed its first MoU for a cannabis project in Spain.
- The CIS proposes that South Africa enable a common cannabis industry framework geared towards exports.
- After much debate on the legalisation of cannabis, Nigeria looks to leverage cannabis as an export commodity.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.