International Cannabis Weekly: 294
DON’T MISS OUT ON AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE AT THE FOREFRONT OF CANNABIS IN EUROPE
Cannabis Europa London returns on 2-3 May to the iconic Barbican Centre and we want you to position your brand alongside internationally recognised leaders in the cannabis space.
There are a very limited number of sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities available and the deadline for applications is closing.
Apply to become a sponsor, exhibitor or both by contacting Will Sloane –firstname.lastname@example.org – to register your interest.
GERMANY’S CANNABUSINESS COMMUNITY UNDERWHELMED BY PROPOSED NEW LAWS
CANNABIS LEGALISATION COULD BE PRESENTED TO THE PORTUGUESE PARLIAMENT
- Europe takes major step to wholesale cannabis reform as German adult-use plan unveiled.
- The European medical cannabis industry is expected to achieve sales of €550 million by the end of the year.
- SW4 partners release research report on Somai Pharmaceuticals, one of Europe’s largest EU-GMP cannabis manufacturers.
- Reports from Germany indicate that the draft law could include decriminalisation and cultivation for personal use.
- From a regulatory ‘void’: The experience of the leading medical cannabis clinic in Spain.
- Up to five grams per day. The Czech Republic is preparing for a regulated cannabis market.
- Hundreds of French medical cannabis patients at risk of losing access to treatment after supplier pulls out of trial.
- Hempacco announces opening of European office as part of international expansion strategy.
- Swiss cannabis liberalisation gathering pace with a dozen more trials in the pipeline.
BECOME A CANNABIS EUROPA VIP | LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE
Attending Cannabis Europa London as a VIP unlocks a number of unique benefits during the conference, providing you with a premium networking experience.
Included with all VIP tickets:
- VIP-only networking breakfast (2 May)
- VIP-only drinks reception in the Barbican Conservatory (3 May)
- Priority access to the event networking app
- Full conference catering on both days
- Just 25 of these strictly limited, exclusive VIP tickets are still available. Get yours before they sell out imminently!
- Connecticut racked up more than an estimated US$22 million in legal cannabis sales last month.
- Texas House approves bill to allow medical cannabis as opioid alternative and replace THC limit.
- AYR Wellness Inc. announced that it has closed the acquisition of Tahoe Hydroponics Company, LLC.
- An Alabama CBD maker has said it will go to court to try to quash an order by state health officials.
- Jushi Holdings announces the closing of a secured commercial loan with FVCbank for gross proceeds of US$20 million.
- Arkansas lawmakers pass bill protecting medical cannabis patients’ gun rights, sending it to governor’s desk.
- Bipartisan cannabis legalisation bill passes New Hampshire House again, heading to Senate.
- British American Tobacco will invest US$10 million for a stake in a new joint venture with Colorado hemp companies.
- New Mexico governor signs cannabis expungements processing bill to build on legalisation law.
- Illinois adult-use cannabis sales rose 11.9% sequentially in March to US$134.8 million.
- Ontario’s largest municipality without any legal cannabis retail stores is set to reconsider its prohibition.
- Organigram: net revenue of C$39.5 million, up 24% from C$31.8 million in the same prior-year period.
- Tilray Brands Inc said on Monday it would buy Canadian cannabis company Hexo Corp for US$56 million.
- A survey of medical cannabis patients in Canada provides some fascinating insights, and a few unsettling ones.
- Tilray Brands’ medical cannabis division has expanded its European footprint across the Czech Republic.
- RISE Dispensaries launches e-cookbook, containing recipes infused with cannabis, the newest pantry staple.
ACCESS PREMIUM DATA WITH THE EUROPEAN ADULT-USE REPORT
A 70+ page report on adult-use markets in Europe is available to purchase, focusing on developments in Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland and the Netherlands. This package also includes adult-use market sizing forecasts (2023-2027).
LATAM & The Caribbean
- After 50 years, Argentina harvests industrial hemp, which had been banned by the military dictatorship.
- Island state of Antigua and Barbuda becomes first Caribbean country to allow Rastafari to grow cannabis.
- Curaçao has been waiting for answers from the cabinet about medicinal cannabis for years.
- Brazil Commission on Human Rights and Participatory Legislation of the Federal Senate discuss medical cannabis.
- Clever Leaves secures exclusive agreement with Praetorian for cannabis genetics production in Colombia.
- Attorney General in Bahamas has said a draft bill to regulate the cannabis industry should be ready within the next month.
- MGC Pharma’s CannEpil treatment for drug-resistant epilepsy is now available in the UK by Named Patient Request.
- New Zealand’s Helius Therapeutics has received GMP certification for the drying and finishing of medicinal cannabis flower.
- Himachal Pradesh assembly in India forms panel to explore possibility of legal cultivation of cannabis.
- Aurora Cannabis and MedReleaf Australia launch IndiMed Tempo 26 for medical cannabis patients.
Africa & The Middle East
- After about 20 years, Israel’s Tikun Olam stops growing cannabis, and lays off dozens of employees.
- Progress reported on hemp in South Africa, but critic says small farmers left out.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.