International Cannabis Weekly: 295
JOIN 80+ SPEAKERS & 1500 DELEGATES FROM 40+ COUNTRIES AT CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON
In just 11 days’ time (2-3 May), more than 1500 influential leaders, investors, policy makers, pioneers and leading cannabis industry executives from 40+ countries will descend on the iconic Barbican Centre in London to shape the future of the European cannabis industry.
With over 80+ expert speakers including regulators from Germany, Netherlands and UK, Europe’s flagship cannabis conference and expo is your opportunity to learn more about the European market, make connections and get deals done.
UK HOLDS FIRST EVER DEBATE ON ECONOMIC BENEFITS OF MEDICAL CANNABIS
CZECH REPUBLIC LEGALISATION PLANS TO INCLUDE 5G DAILY LIMIT & CONSUMER REGISTER
- UK cannabis patients denied access to NHS mental health support and patients are labelled as ‘drug addicts’.
- Luxembourg expects to finally present draft legislation for cannabis legalisation to the government soon.
- Temporary framework in lieu of novel foods regulation allows CBD to be registered as food supplement in France.
- Malta’s faltering reform is the result of Maltese authorities ‘treating cannabis like plutonium’.
- Cantourage sees revenues ‘almost triple’, BAT invests $10m in new CBD joint venture, & Love Hemp targets IPO.
- CBD brands British Cannabis & Tier One CBD to donate products to key workers in Ukraine.
- More people in Finland said they think that using cannabis regularly is not as risky as weekly binge drinking.
- Ananda’s preparation for the construction of a cannabis processing facility in the UK is ‘well underway’.
JUST A HANDFUL OF VIP TICKETS LEFT FOR CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON – GET YOURS TODAY
With Cannabis Europa London just around the corner on 2-3 May, there are very few VIP tickets left available. A VIP ticket unlocks access to exclusive networking sessions, including a VIP-only networking breakfast and drinks reception.
These tailored sessions will provide you with a platform to raise your profile and connect with senior executives from the cannabis industry and beyond.
- Support for legalisation of medical cannabis in the US state of South Carolina remains very strong.
- Jushi announces support and appreciation for Virginia’s passage of medical cannabis and cannabinoid product-related bills.
- The Board of the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory (CRC) has voted to approve Curaleaf’s adult-use cannabis licences.
- New Congressional bill would provide federal tax relief for cannabis businesses by amending IRS’s 280E code.
- Minnesota cannabis legalisation bill heads to House floor, while Senate version advances to final committee.
- Hempseed cake is a highly nutritious viable alternative feed source for cattle, a study by the USDA has found.
- Two cannabis bills that would legalise and regulate an adult-use industry are now on Delaware Gov. John Carney’s desk.
- Nevada sports regulators are considering a move to formally stop penalising fighters over cannabis.
- First-ever deal involving a producer of CBD-containing products and an individual American baseball team.
- Construction of a newly opened hempcrete building at Canada’s UBC has resulted in 80% less carbon emissions.
- Khiron Life Sciences Corp. announces that it has appointed Mr Michael O’Connor as Chief Financial Officer.
- Uber Eats Canada will offer cannabis for delivery in British Columbia, just six months after allowing deliveries in Ontario.
- The high court says Quebec’s legislature has jurisdiction to prohibit the possession and cultivation of cannabis plants.
- MediPharm Labs provides update on VIVO integration and new board appointee.
- A new Quebec study shows cannabis usage has only slightly increased since legalisation in 2018.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. is expanding its relationship with Fire & Flower Holdings Corp.
ACCESS PREMIUM DATA & ANALYSIS ON KEY EUROPEAN CANNABIS MARKETS
As well as the free-to-download version of The European Cannabis Report: 8th Edition, premium packages are available that provide additional specialist information and data analytics to help connect with the industry, make smarter decisions, maximise marketing impact and improve business performance.
In addition to market sizing data for CBD, medical and adult-use markets in Europe, there is an exclusive European Adult-Use Cannabis Report available for purchase, which deep dives into developments in Germany, the Czech Republic, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- PharmaCielo announces strategic partnership with CANNPRISMA to supply the European medicinal cannabis market.
- One year after Costa Rica passed its cannabis law, the hemp industry has been slow to get moving.
- The imperative of upping the momentum for banking transactions in the legal cannabis industry in Jamaica.
- Argentina: Jujuy works on automated greenhouses to produce medicinal cannabis.
- The Himachal government in India is considering legalising cannabis to boost the economy.
- Australia: Jeremy Buckingham has been elected as NSW’s first upper house member for the Legalise Cannabis Party.
- A Taiwanese cannabis law reform association calls for the decriminalisation of cannabis on the island of Taiwan.
- Taiwan’s staunchly conservative attitudes towards drugs pose a challenge to the burgeoning cannabidiol industry.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.