International Cannabis Weekly: 297
EUROPEAN CANNABIS INDUSTRY COMES TOGETHER AT CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON
The ninth edition of Europe’s leading cannabis conference, Cannabis Europa, returned to the Barbican Centre for the first time since its inception in 2018 this week, bringing together over a thousand industry leaders, key policy makers from across the EU, and patient representatives.
After a lively first day of sessions focused on the future of the cannabis industry, the second day of Cannabis Europa London 2023 opened with a look back at the industry’s very beginnings.
GERMAN HEALTH MINISTER SUBMITS FIRST CANNABIS LEGALISATION BILL
SAFE BANKING ACT FINALLY HEADED FOR FIRST U.S. SENATE VOTE
- The Czech Republic might ban the sale of foods and food supplements that contain CBD and other cannabinoids.
- The Luxembourg government has published its proposals for a pilot project to legalise cannabis in the country.
- 11% of French people have smoked cannabis in the past 12 months, more than anywhere else in Europe.
- Decriminalisation in Portugal has allowed the black market to exist ‘unchallenged and unquestioned by law enforcement’.
- Medical cannabis will be used to treat brain tumours during ‘world first trial’ in the UK, with first patient now recruited.
- A new campaign calling for GPs to be allowed to prescribe medical cannabis to patients has been launched in the UK.<
- Village Farms has announced its Canadian-grown Pink Kush product will soon be available to German patients.
- The French Ministry’s DGCCRF launches new controls and checks on CBD products.
- Scotland-based medical cannabis company Hilltop Leaf announces new supply deal with Little Green Pharma.
BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NYC SESSIONS – TICKETS ON SALE NOW
Whilst licenses are finally being issued in New York, grey market operators are still taking a big slice of the pie. How are the first legal dispensaries to enter the industry faring? How will the next wave of operators perform? How soon until we see progress in regards to consumption spaces?
Join us in the heart of the Big Apple for an intimate night of talks, networking, an open bar providing beer and wine all night, plus a dedicated cannabis consumption lounge.
- Republican speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives agrees to hold a debate and vote on federal legalisation.
- Colorado lawmakers have sent bills to the governor that would allow online cannabis sales.
- The House of Representatives in Texas has given its initial approval to a bill aimed at decriminalising cannabis in the state.
- The first medical cannabis dispensaries in Georgia are now officially open, to serve the state’s 30,000 patients.
- Vertically integrated MSO Acreage Holdings Inc. reports 6% fall in revenue in Q4, but achieves record annual revenue.
- Delaware becomes the 22nd U.S. state to legalise adult-use cannabis, without Gov. John Carney’s signature.
- Hemp stakeholders in Minnesota say including hemp in state cannabis legislation could stifle the industry.
- 314Pure Ltd. announces partnership with mediproCan Pharma to supply the German medical cannabis market.
- Aurora expands its medical cannabis portfolio in Germany with the introduction of new flower products to the market.
- A new survey will identify cannabis self-education tools in use by Canadian veterans and armed forces members.
- A cannabis “strategy table” is stuck in a gridlock in Canada, more than a year after it was announced.
- Organigram launches a federal legal battle against Health Canada’s decision on classification of its lozenges.
- Atlas Global Brands Inc. announces the acquisition of GreenSeal Cannabis Company and GreenSeal Nursery Ltd.
THE EUROPEAN CANNABIS REPORT: 8TH EDITION
The European Cannabis Report: 8th Edition provides the latest information and analysis on the development of the cannabis markets across Europe. Included in the report are deep dives into all key sectors and geographic regions in the European cannabis industry.
As well as the free-to-download version of The European Cannabis Report: 8th Edition, there are Premium Packages available that provide additional specialist information and data analytics.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Jamaica’s Ministry of Industry, Investment and Trade is promoting measures to support small-scale cannabis growers.
- A tracking platform to assist the development of the cannabis value chain has been presented in Argentina.
- Mamá Cultiva Argentina announces a new edition of its course of Interdisciplinary Training in Cannabis for Health.
- NGOs in Argentina can now register to cultivate cannabis in the country for a maximum of 150 patients.
- A study by researchers in Santa Fe finds that medical cannabis oil can help prevent different metabolism disorders.
- Australian medical cannabis company Cannaponics raises A$3 million in 24 hours through a crowdfunding campaign.
- A survey in Australia finds that pharmacists want more training on medicinal cannabis and CBD.
- Officials in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh are studying hemp’s potential for medical and health applications.
- Cann Group continued its revenue growth in FY23 as sales for the nine months to March approached A$10 million.
Africa & The Middle East
- SafriCanna, the largest producer of medicinal cannabis in Africa, has received confirmation of its EU-GMP Certification.
- Lesotho-based cultivator MG Health is tripling its output capacity after a successful international funding round.
- Moroccan authorities announce the official start of the first season of legal cannabis cultivation in Morocco.
- A new Israeli study reportedly provides evidence that particular terpenes in cannabis strengthen the effect of THC.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.