International Cannabis Weekly: 303
BIDEN TO BE PRESENTED WITH CANNABIS SCHEDULING DECISION “THIS YEAR”
A federal cannabis scheduling decision will be presented to President Joe Biden “this year” by the head of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), according to reports. Agencies are working “as quickly as [they] can” to complete an administrative review, Secretary Xavier Becerra told reporters yesterday.
ROLLOUT OF SPAIN’S MEDICAL CANNABIS INDUSTRY AT RISK OF BEING SIDELINED
MAJORITY OF IRISH DOCTORS SUPPORT DECRIMINALISATION OF CANNABIS
- Sales of HHC, the semi-synthetic cannabinoid, will be prohibited in France from next week.
- Hellenic Dynamics and Demecan to partner for the cultivation and distribution of medical cannabis flower.
- A new UK hemp research project aims to help farmers target Net Zero by diversifying their cropping.
- Danish medical cannabis company Stenocare announces multiple updates while pursuing new funding opportunities.
- The findings of a new clinical trial support the use of medicinal cannabis in Tourette syndrome.
- Jersey has amassed £60m in investment from medical cannabis businesses since 2016, according to government minister.
- Adult-use cannabis sales in Connecticut reached a record high in May, overtaking medical sales for the first time ever.
- 90 medical cannabis licences expected to be issued in Alabama as part of the state’s medical cannabis industry launch.
- No action taken on measures that would have restricted the sale of delta-9 THC products by Louisiana lawmakers.
- The governor of Colorado has signed a bill allowing online cannabis sales, after more than 10 years of legalisation.
- The majority of licensed truck drivers in the U.S. say federal cannabis laws need to change, according to a new report.
- A year after adult-use legalisation in New Mexico, a campaign to educate on responsible consumption is launched.
- Pure Sunfarms announces the addition of four new signature dried flower strains to the brand’s growing product line-up.
- Cannabis legalisation in Canada has led to a drop in incidents between youths and law enforcement, according to new data.
- Red White & Bloom Brands is set to acquire Aleafia and its subsidiaries in a business combination transaction.
- Lifeist Wellness Inc. announces the launch of its premium cannabis concentrate offerings in British Columbia.
- Ottawa public health wants to introduce cannabis packaging that features graphic warnings similar to cigarettes.
- Delta 9 Cannabis Inc. has been awarded a new Grow Pods contract for its British Columbia cultivation facility.
Prohibition Partners co-founder and CEO, Stephen Murphy, will be moderating a panel at ICBC in Berlin on 30 June. In this panel, experienced thought-leaders will explore the latest developments in global drug policy and their implications for the cannabis industry.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- MPs in Chile have come together for constructive dialogue on the legalisation of medical and adult-use cannabis.
- The Ministry of Justice and Human Rights in Argentina has released a guide on medical cannabis use.
- The first ever cannabis retail dispensary in Guadalupe, Argentina, has been approved to open in the coming months.
- São Paulo’s governor highlights diseases that can be treated with cannabis and covered by the Unified Health System.
- India’s Science & Technology Minister urges scientists to expedite research on medical cannabis.
- Parliament in Victoria, Australia, has agreed to look into opportunities to expand the local hemp industry.
- The future of MedLab Clinical remains uncertain as the company continues to explore new restructuring options.
- Healthcare company Bioxyne enters into a new era of growth following the purchase of Breathe Life Sciences (BLS).
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.