International Cannabis Weekly: 309
Albania has become the latest European country to officially legalise the ‘cultivation and processing of the cannabis plant and the production of its by-products for medical and industrial purposes’.
BARBADOS POSITIONS ITSELF TO LAUNCH THRIVING MEDICAL CANNABIS INDUSTRY
PORTUGAL BROADENS SCOPE OF PIONEERING DRUG DECRIMINALISATION
- ‘Landmark’ Court of Appeal ruling sets new legal precedent for UK CBD flower businesses.
- ‘There is a growing need for medical cannabis in Spain that can’t be avoided’, says Linneo Health CEO.
- Ministry of Justice in Luxembourg announces legalisation of home cultivation and consumption of cannabis.
- Legalising cannabis a win for all, but time and time again the EU continues to remain stubborn.
- CSU MP raises doubts that the plans to legalise cannabis within certain limits in Berlin conforms to EU law.
- Cantourage expects to see ‘double digit’ sales growth and ‘a break-even result at EBITDA level’ in 2023.
- Republican senators who do not support cannabis legalisation admit that the policy change disrupts illegal sales by cartels.
- Florida issues medical cannabis business licences to two Black farmers, a decade after medical cannabis was legalised.
- Big tobacco ready to bet big on thriving cannabis industry following Philip Morris and Syqe deal.
- New poll in Ohio shows over 58% of respondents over the age of 21 support legalising adult-use cannabis.
- After recent raids, New York’s Empire Cannabis Club to take regulators to court to prove its legality.
- Baltimore cannabis pharmaceuticals company files to go public on the Nasdaq through an initial public offering.
- Curaleaf confirms it aims to list subordinate voting shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).
- Tilray’s Q4 revenue exceeds expectations, but the company gives a weak outlook.
- Canada’s SNDL and Nova Cannabis extend the date for closing of their strategic partnership.
- Canadian cannabis retail sales increase slightly in May from April, up 1.2% to C$415.6 million.
- Toronto’s GOC Nexus and BTAB Solutions announce signing of Letter of Intent (LOI) outlining collaboration.
- British Columbia’s Bevo Farms acquires Alberta Aurora Sun Facility from Aurora Cannabis for C$15 million.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Judge demands explanation from Anvisa regarding the ban on importation of cannabis for therapeutic patients in Brazil.
- Uruguay becomes first country to conclude 6 years of cannabis legalisation for recreational and cultivation purposes.
- Research and Development Programme in Argentina announces approval of 10 new medical cannabis research projects.
- Colombian lawmakers reintroduce bill to legalise cannabis nationwide for the upcoming legislative session.
- Pharmacists urged not to swap brands, unless prescribed products are out of stock, amid patient care concerns.
- Melodiol closing in on EU GMP licence to fast-track cannabis exports to attractive Australian and European markets.
- Cannatrek abandons plans for one trademark, but the stand-off with Montu’s Topaz continues to rumble on.
- Australia’s Cann Group successfully completes crop harvest at a scale twice that of previous harvests.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.