International Cannabis Weekly: 317
SENATE LEADER TO FAST-TRACK REVISED CANNABIS BANKING BILL
Senate leader Chuck Schumer said on Tuesday he intends to bring the newly revised cannabis banking bill to the floor ‘with all due speed’ after next week’s committee vote.
NETHERLANDS TO LAUNCH CANNABIS LEGALISATION PILOT BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR
SAFE BANKING A ‘MORAL IMPERATIVE’ SAYS COALITION OF CANNABIS WORKERS
- UK ‘perfectly poised’ to be the ‘single centre as a hub of global cannabis financial trade’.
- New working group to explore legalising cannabis in Portugal for non-medical purposes.
- CBD of Denver to build production facilities for four cannabis clubs in Germany.
- Deputy mayor of Marseille wants to experiment with the legalisation of cannabis.
- Copenhagen mayor invites residents, experts and deputies to a cannabis legalisation meeting.
- UK’s Apollon Formularies agrees to sell its ‘global assets’, and Danish operator Stenocare stocks jump 20%.
- New report reveals that medical cannabis sales in Florida reached $92 million in August.
- Maryland to launch cannabis business licenses in November, exclusively for social equity applicants.
- Montana’s adult-use cannabis sales hit a record $28.7 million in August, according to the state’s Cannabis Control Division.
- Medical cannabis activists in Nebraska launch their third petition drive ahead of the general election ballot.
- New bill in California could prevent employers from asking employees about their use of cannabis.
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA) temporarily suspends testing of cannabis products for mould.
- Canopy Growth seeks to raise $50 million in additional funding via a ‘private placement offering’.
- Cannabis technology company GrowerIQ secures C$1,080,000 funding from the Government of Canada.
- Vancouver’s BZAM ‘significantly improves margins’ since The Green Organic Dutchman merger.
- San Francisco’s Block Inc’s Square enters Canadian cannabis market in partnership with Jane Technologies.
- Toronto-based MediPharm Labs boosts profit margins by terminating royalty agreement.
- High Tide Inc. continues to draw attention as it remains a subject of multiple research reports.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Brazil’s Health and Environment Commission (COSMAM) takes cannabis agenda to the Porto Alegre City Council.
- Cannabis enthusiasts flock to Brazil’s first ‘ExpoCannabis’, amid national debate over personal use decriminalisation.
- Buenos Aires to open unique greenhouse, dedicated exclusively to cannabis production.
- The Bahamas is actively pursuing new legislation as fresh laws pave the way for thriving cannabis industry.
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) fines Brisbane’s Naturally Elevated A$140,000 for advertising breaches.
- Sydney’s Cann Global applies to extend trading halt again as it pursues ‘major’ acquisition opportunity.
- Study shows the majority of Filipinos are strongly supporting the legalisation of cannabis for its therapeutic benefits.
- Cann Group agrees to supply Levin Health with additional cannabis products valued at around A$1.58 million.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.