International Cannabis Weekly: 319
SAFER BANKING ACT ON TRACK AS GOVERNMENT AVOIDS SHUTDOWN
Last weekend the US House and Senate both voted through a short-term funding deal, seeing a government shutdown avoided with just three hours to spare.
NEW YORK OPENS CANNABIS LICENSING APPLICATIONS UNTIL 4 DECEMBER 2023
GERMANY’S CANNABIS LEGALISATION MARCHES ON DESPITE OBSTACLES
- SOMAÍ Pharmaceuticals takes ‘significant step towards revenue generation’ as Portuguese market gains momentum.
- Leading CBD brand Hempura merges with new parent company, BRITISH CANNABIS.
- Navigating the intricate world of medical cannabis regulation in Italy: a comprehensive guide.
- New UK report finds European countries are ‘wilfully ignorant’ in policing and criminal enforcement of cannabis use.
- Ireland’s Citizens’ Assembly to outline drug policy reform recommendations in the coming weeks.
- Cannabis pilot project for the regulated sale of recreational cannabis enters concrete phase in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- New York’s Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) finalises the state’s adult-use regulations framework.
- Florida’s supreme court sets hearing date to determine if adult-use cannabis legislation bill will make 2024 ballot.
- New York invites citizens to apply to testify at a public hearing on adult-use cannabis roll-out.
- Illinois reports record breaking adult-use cannabis sales for the second month in succession.
- New Mexico’s adult-use cannabis sales surpass half a billion dollars, with monthly sales just shy of breaking the record.
- Colorado’s Cannabis Business Office (CBO) announces first recipients of its Cannabis Business Loan Programme.
- Edmonton’s Aurora Cannabis signs new deal worth a potential C$38.8 million with Canaccord Genuity to pay down debt.
- Cannabis giant Tilray completes its acquisition of eight beer brands, and is poised to triple its beer sales.
- Chicago’s Verano Holdings receives conditional approval to list its subordinate Class A voting shares on Cboe Canada.
- Virtual medical cannabis clinic launches in Canada providing online access to industry leading professionals.
- Tilray reports revenues of US$177 million and reaffirms cannabis as a core focus despite portfolio diversification.
- Toronto’s Heritage Cannabis reports US$8.79 million Q3 2023 revenue, showing strong year on year growth.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Public laboratory will provide medicinal cannabis-based medicine to patients in Amapá, Brazil.
- Colombia continues to advance in using medicinal cannabis to treat diseases and medical conditions.
- Despite protests, Mayor of Balneário Camboriú, Brazil, takes a stand by vetoing cannabis bill.
- Paraguay emerges as a thriving centre for producing industrial cannabis products following surge of investments.
- Tasmanian government seeks feedback on proposed changes to the way cannabis is regulated in the state.
- New Zealand’s Cannasouth cuts jobs and raises capital while it waits for Medicinal Cannabis Agency (MCA) verification.
- Fijian government set to explore medical cannabis industry as a potential source for generating revenue.
- Industry leaders in Victoria say cannabis regulations should be loosened if the sector is to reach its full potential.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.