International Cannabis Weekly: 320
ISRAELI HEALTH OFFICIALS EXTEND MEDICAL CANNABIS LICENSES FOLLOWING CONFLICT
Israel’s Ministry of Health has taken steps to ensure cannabis patients can continue to access the treatment following the outbreak of conflict in the region.
FOOD STANDARDS AGENCY (FSA) DROPS RECOMMENDED DAILY DOES OF CBD TO 10MG
BUSINESS OF CANNABIS LAUNCHES #BUYLOCALNY CAMPAIGN WITH CANY
- Italian court temporarily blocks CBD reclassification, but industry warns it’s ‘just the beginning of a long struggle’.
- Oxford Cannabinoid Technologies publishes Phase I clinical trial results for lead drug candidate.
- Data the new fertiliser for profitable cannabis cultivation and legalisation movement.
Blossom Pharma receives GMP I and GMP II licenses from Infarmed to manufacture medicinal cannabis.
Hellenic Dynamics, based in the UK, begins cultivation of medical cannabis flowers.
- Cannabis Industry Council (CIC) launches survey on UK cannabis industry banking challenges.
- Two New York cannabis dispensaries set to open after Judge Bryant issues court orders on the matter.
- New Jersey’s Cannabis Equity Grant Programme receives US$12 million grant funding.
- Connecticut hits another month of record-breaking cannabis sales, exceeding US$25 million in September.
- Georgia becomes first state to allow pharmacies to dispense medical cannabis to registered patients.
- Alaska approves regulations that will regulate the sale of intoxicating hemp products.
- Governor vetoes bill that aims to bring Amsterdam-style cannabis cafes to California.
- Expert panel publish legislative review report of Canada’s Cannabis Act – What We Heard Report.
- Curaleaf Holdings files application to list its subordinate voting shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).
- Canadian cannabis farms eligible for federal funding under new C$3.5 billion agricultural partnership programme.
- Canopy Growth receives EU GMP Certification for cannabis cultivation facility in Kincardine, Ontario.
- Nova Scotia’s Mernova Medicinal hits third consecutive quarter of revenue growth.
- Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. receives Health Canada Cannabis Drug License for its Oakville, Ontario operations.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Medical School in São Paulo launches Endocannabinology discipline, a milestone for medical education.
- Cannabis makes its first appearance at Argentina’s prestigious National Flower Festival.
- FIFA-affiliated Costa Rican football team Herediano announces partnership with CBD company.
- Latest developments suggest Barbados is closer than ever to launching its domestic medicinal cannabis industry.
- Melbourne’s Althea Group Holding’s management agree pay cut after firm records first positive cash flow quarter.
- Sydney-based Cannim Group Limited completes acquisition of UK’s Savage Cabbage Limited.
- Thailand’s Prime Minister to reverse cannabis legalisation, ending a big ‘drug abuse’ problem in the country.
- Sequel to popular Australian documentary on medical cannabis in the works – but needs crowdfunding support.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.