International Cannabis Weekly: 322
This time next week, New York’s cannabis business community will come together at the New York Academy of Medicine for Business of Cannabis: New York. Get your tickets before it’s too late.
UK GOVERNMENT ACCEPTS ACMD RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CBD PRODUCTS
FIRST TWO MALTA CANNABIS ASSOCIATIONS GRANTED OPERATIONAL LICENCES
- Change of supplier the latest blame for Luxembourg’s medical cannabis shortage.
- Cannabis Industry Council (CIC) publishes parliamentary bill to enable GPs to prescribe cannabis medicines.
- Cantourage signs long-term supply agreement for medical cannabis with Swiss cannabis company Astrasana.
German cannabis industry association calls for changes to proposed cannabis law.
UK Home Office backs proposals to allow cannabis-based medicines to be prescribed electronically.
Irish Citizens panel votes to recommend decriminalising drug possession, but cannabis legalisation falls one vote short.
- Ohio could become the 24th state to legalise recreational cannabis as voters get ready for November ballot.
- New Jersey’s Cannabis Regulatory Commission (NJ-CRC) seeks feedback on proposed cannabis edibles rules.
- Colorado cannabis regulators report 99% compliance rate in underage sales checks at state-licensed stores.
- Trulieve Cannabis begins first state inspection for the sale of low-THC medical cannabis products in Georgia.
- New report outlines concerns that federal cannabis legalisation ‘could wipe out current state markets’.
- Texas-based Panda Biotech to begin processing cannabis by the end of 2023 after years of delay.
- Health Canada announces changes to process for adding sale authorisation of cannabis products to processing licences.
- Toronto’s Heritage Cannabis Holdings begins sales of recreational cannabis in New York.
- New report reveals that 72% of Canadians accept Canada’s cannabis legalisation policy.
- Canadian cannabis sales boom in August up 3.9% to C$464.2 million, another new record for a month.
- Cannabis sales continue to rise in Nova Scotia, up 8.7% to C$31.4 million in its second quarter
- Quebec’s innovative approach sets inspiring example to enhance national cannabis regulation.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Uruguay breaks illegal market barrier: Over 50% of cannabis users opt for the regulated market, instead of illegal circuit.
- The Paraná Institute of Technology in Brazil announces cannabis-based pharmaceuticals’ production partnership.
- Brazil’s Federal Public Ministry (MPF) defends cultivation of cannabis for therapeutic purposes.
- Jamaica’s Cannabis Licensing Authority (CLA) grants 160 licences, signifying the country’s booming cannabis industry.
- Australia’s Cann Global issues 8.5 million shares to four companies as it plots Thailand deal.
- Fiji’s medicinal cannabis industry will be established purely for export purchases and not for local consumption.
- Releaf Group prepares to list on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) as it plots expansion of lifestyle division.
- Australian state of Victoria to support a world-leading trial assessing the effects of medicinal cannabis on driving.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.