International Cannabis Weekly: 323
EUROPE’S FIRST LEGAL CANNABIS DISPENSARIES TO OPEN BY YEAR-END
Europe’s first legal cannabis dispensaries are expected to be open by the end of the year as Switzerland launches a sixth adult-use pilot project.
FRANCE TAKES MAJOR STEP TOWARDS MEDICAL CANNABIS GENERALISATION
ITALY’S CBD BAN PUSHED BACK FURTHER BY COURT AND NOW SUSPENDED UNTIL JANUARY
- New data from the UK Home Office shows medical cannabis imports have tripled in size this year.
- Five years of medical cannabis legalisation in the UK: a reflection on the journey so far.
- Malta’s head of cannabis regulatory body grants first two cannabis association licences.
Germany, Poland, and Australia the top destinations for Portugal’s 5.4 tons of exported medicinal cannabis this year.
British Cannabis partners with Kanabo Group to offer pharmacy-grade CBD health supplements.
MGC Pharma & Hellenic Dynamics both turn to share consolidation as they seek new funding.
- Alabama Medical Cannabis Commission (AMCC) implements new licensing procedures.
- Psychemedics launches new drug screening panel – prioritising fentanyl over cannabis.
- Nevada’s Cannabis Compliance Board (CCB) approves six new conditional licences for consumption lounges.
- Minnesota’s Goodness Growth Holdings secures cannabis cultivation and manufacturing facilities in New York.
- Missouri State Senator calls for investigation into fraudulent activities exploiting the system for personal gain.
- Minnesota’s Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) begins rule-making for the state’s new cannabis industry.
- Toronto’s Heritage Cannabis agrees to sell the company’s real estate properties in Ontario and British Columbia.
- Canadian cannabis exports continue to rise with 1,805 permits issued in 2022-2023.
- Calgary’s SNDL Inc. and Nova Cannabis push back closing date for strategic partnership.
- Winnipeg’s Delta 9 Cannabis to supply recreational cannabis to Cannabis NB Ltd. for sale in New Brunswick.
- Calgary’s High Tide Inc. completes restructuring of its C$8.9 million of outstanding secured debt.
- Greenway Greenhouse Cannabis Corp. oversubscribes C$3.5 million private placement of convertible debentures.
- Adult-use bill advances through Victorian parliament, with a debate scheduled for 29 November.
- New research shows cannabis plants improve wine quality and soil health in New Zealand vineyards.
- Victoria’s Cann Group doubles revenue to just over A$4 million, but its cash position still remains a concern.
- Australia’s Althea Group announces approval of its cannabis medicine for patient reimbursement in Ireland.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.