International Cannabis Weekly: 324
UP TO US$770 MILLION TO BE SPENT ON CANNABIS TESTING PER YEAR BY 2027
A new report, The Cannabis Testing Report from Prohibition Partners, offers comprehensive and invaluable insights into the critical aspect of cannabis testing.
PORTUGAL POISED TO BE MAJOR MEDICINAL CANNABIS PRODUCER
OHIO BECOMES 24TH US STATE TO LEGALISE CANNABIS FOR RECREATIONAL PURPOSES
- First Jersey-grown medicinal cannabis product to be available on prescription for UK patients this month.
- Ireland’s first cannabis clinic finally opens four years after medical programme launches.
- Ananda Developments signs MOU with Nottingham Trent University to establish CBD centre of excellence.
German lawmakers debate cannabis legalisation proposal in committee hearing, final vote later this month.
Medical cannabis producer Swisscann targets global growth having exceeded crowdfund campaign.
Reports suggest Jazz Pharmaceuticals is exploring the possibility of divesting its cannabinoid arm.
- Proposed bill amendment seeks to block potential rescheduling of cannabis by federal government.
- Connecticut increases adult-use cannabis transaction limit to half an ounce or equivalent in one transaction.
- Senate approves bill allowing doctors to issue cannabis recommendations to military veterans.
- New York State Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) addresses concerns about illicit cannabis shops.
- Sorting Robotics secures US$2 million in debt financing to revolutionise automation in the cannabis industry.
- New York’s Ascend Wellness announces Q3 financial results with revenue lifting 15% sequentially.
- Canadian cannabis producer Organigram receives new C$124.6 million investment from British American Tobacco (BAT).
- Toronto’s Shiny Health & Wellness Corp. receives approval from TSX Venture Exchange to extend private placement.
- Public hearing to amend land use bylaw in Foothills County for retail cannabis sales in the Heritage Pointe area.
- Vancouver’s Planet Based Foods Global Inc. partners with Northern California Grocery Chain Nugget Markets.
- Toronto’s RIV Capital Inc. completes expansion of New York cultivation and production operations.
- Trees Corporation to identify new alternatives as 420 Investments Ltd. merger is ‘unilaterally terminated’.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Brazil’s cannabis market could generate around R$700 million in 2023, according to a study.
- Brazilian compounding pharmacy faces legal battle after court bans compounding formulas with cannabis derivatives.
- Argentina’s 420 CBD Premium completes the country’s first export of cannabis beauty products.
- British Columbia’s Allied Corp. exports THC based medical cannabis flower from Colombia to Australia.
- Cannabis set for a resurge in Japan thanks to growers seeking to revitalise production.
- Australia’s Bod Science announces details of A$2 million capital raise, while implementing cost-cutting measures.
- Health House International (HHI) founder ‘back in the pharmacy game’ having opened Plant Pharm in Perth.
- Medicinal cannabis prescriptions in Australia reach second highest total of the year.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.