International Cannabis Weekly: 325
‘DIFFICULTY IN THE DETAILS’ SEES GERMANY’S CANNABIS ACT DELAYED
Germany’s landmark Cannabis Act (CanG), which would establish an adult-use cannabis framework in Europe’s most populous country, has been pushed back by a number of months.
UKRAINE LAWMAKERS POISED TO PASS MEDICAL CANNABIS LEGALISATION BILL
MARYLAND OPENS FIRST CANNABIS BUSINESS LICENCE APPLICATIONS
- Unveiling the expense of cannabis in Germany: analysing the figures for patients and practitioners.
- What valuable insights can the UK gain from more established medicinal cannabis markets?
- UK’s Phytovista Laboratories celebrates as natural CBD supplement is approved for Informed Choice Certification.
- MPs call on ministers to deliver clear funding pathway for children with epilepsy to get medical cannabis on the NHS.
- Medical cannabis exports in Portugal on track to break record, however export growth is slowing.
- UK’s Celadon Pharmaceuticals signs new £26 million supply agreement with leading EU medical cannabis company.
- Florida’s Supreme Court considers whether adult-use legalisation bill should be included on 2024 ballot.
- Kentucky approves emergency rule to regulate hemp-derived cannabinoid products.
- New York lawmakers send cannabis tax-cut bills to governor, providing local relief for NYC businesses.
- Michigan cannabis sales dip in October as legal action against retailers gathers pace.
- Florida’s Trulieve Cannabis Corp. announces Q3 financial results with revenue slipping less than expected.
- Seattle’s Nevis Brands Inc. announces licensing agreement and expansion of Major™ brands to Michigan.
- Aurora Cannabis reports double-digit revenue growth and record pre-tax profits in Q2 as EU medical cannabis sales soar.
- Canopy Growth announces financial results for Q2 2024, showing third consecutive quarter of revenue growth.
- Toronto’s Avicanna reports Q3 revenue of C$6.27 million, a 90% increase from the previous quarter.
- Allied Corp. successfully completes another shipment of medical cannabis from Colombia to Australia.
- Toronto’s MediPharm Labs Corp. reports higher Q3 gross margin and moves closer to profitability.
- British Columbia’s IM Cannabis Corp. reports Q3 earnings with C$12.37 million in sales.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Argentina’s first homegrown cannabis oil to be made available in pharmacies before the end of the year.
- Brazilian cannabis museum, located in the city of João Pessoa, Paraíba, opens to exhibitors.
- City of Porto Seguro, Brazil, approves distribution of cannabis for medicinal purposes.
- Rio de Janeiro implements free distribution programme for cannabis-based medicines.
- Australia’s ECS Botanics launches new range of GMP-certified pastilles and vapes.
- AU$2.5 million research project seeks to identify hemp varieties that will perform best in Australia’s climate.
- Japan’s Lower House approves legislation to legalise cannabis-based medical products.
- Cannabiz joins forces with Prohibition Partners to bring Oceania Regulatory Report to market.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.