International Cannabis Weekly: 103
- Romanian lawmakers propose medical cannabis legislation.
- Belgian government enforces stricter rules on CBD sales.
- Israeli Ministry of Health announces new regulations for medical cannabis programme.
- Cannabis Europa presents highlights from last week’s London conference.
- Together Pharma receives licence to grow medicinal cannabis in Israel.
- Elixinol Global signs German distribution deal.
- Irish executives are at the forefront of the international cannabis industry.
- Rokshaw Limited receives a licence to provide medical cannabis products to UK patients.
- Enterprise Ireland halts funding for CBD companies due to regulatory confusion.
- Cannasouth receives government aid to fund two research projects.
- New Zealand growers hunt for unique strains as the country prepares for referendum.
- New Zealand’s College of General Practitioners endorses class on medicinal cannabis.
- Aleafia commences export programme to Australia.
- Medical cannabis researchers converge in Wollongong, Sydney.
Rest of the World
- Bruce Linton fired as Canopy Growth’s co-CEO.
- Missouri medical cannabis farmers cannot legally acquire cannabis seeds and plants.
- UN World Drug Report states that recreational use of drugs is increasing worldwide.
- Flowr Corporation to acquire 100% of Holigen Holdings.
- New Mexico’s governor is pursuing the legalisation of adult-use cannabis.
- Ontario set to issue 50 new cannabis shop licences.
- Zenabis Global to sell US$23 million of dried cannabis to Tilray Inc.
- Nabis Inc. acquires 49% of Israeli cannabis producer Cannova Medical Ltd.
The Asian Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to present The Asian Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the Asian market. The report outlines the commercial opportunities, regulatory framework and political environment across the region, a market we predict could be worth over $8.5 billion by 2024.
Cannabis Europa is crossing the Atlantic this November, bringing European expertise, knowledge and networks to the largest cannabis market in the world, North America.
In 2020, Cannabis Europa will arrive in Madrid against a backdrop of European regulatory change to help push for federal reform in the Spanish capital, before returning home for the third Cannabis Europa London next spring.
European Cannabis Week
After an inspiring programme of talks, networking and cultural events, we’d like to thank all of the partners, sponsors and attendees of the inaugural European Cannabis Week. Check out the event gallery to see the highlights of all the events that took place over the week.
We’d like to say thank you to everyone involved with IC3 Europe this week. The event’s hugely engaging and insightful panels offered a rare learning opportunity from some of the leading voices in cannabis capital.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.