International Cannabis Weekly: 105
- UK politicians are ‘behind the tide’ of public support for recreational cannabis.
- Tilray exports medical cannabis oil for testing to Ireland.
- Germany imported 2,498 kilograms of medical cannabis in the first half of 2019.
- Food Safety Authority of Ireland recalls CBD oils containing THC.
- Freyherr International Group to list on London NEX Exchange.
- Luxembourg suffers temporary medicinal cannabis shortages.
- Brexit could ‘super-charge’ the CBD industry in the UK.
- London-based medical cannabis company EMMAC acquires Terra Verde.
- St. Vincent’s medical cannabis authority approves over 30 cultivation licences.
- The government of Trinidad and Tobago is aiming to decriminalise cannabis.
- Procaps and Canopy partner to meet growing LatAm medical cannabis demand.
- Unprescribed use of medical cannabis a concern for Argentinian specialists.
- Small and medium cannabis companies at risk following legislative changes in Argentina.
- Medical cannabis gaining momentum in Asia.
- General election in Mauritius driving debate on medical cannabis.
- Singapore minister spreads misinformation about drug policy.
- Thai Health Minister to implement medical cannabis programme over next two years.
- High hopes for Parkinson’s patients in Thai medical cannabis research programme.
- Thailand’s new tourism minister looks to benefit from medical cannabis tourism.
Rest of the World
- Prohibition Partners Co-Founder Stephen Murphy will be presenting at Cannavest West.
- Canada’s recreational legalisation is impacting the supply for medical cannabis users.
- US legalisation reduces the incidence of illegal cannabis cultivation on federal land.
- Study shows cannabis legalisation directly impacts the tobacco and alcohol industries.
- BC-based Agrima has cannabis production licences revoked by Health Canada.
- SOL Global announces US$6.5 milion investment into Canncure.
- Ohio is looking to reduce cannabis penalties by reforming current legislation.
- Edibles, topicals and extracts to bring economic boom to Canadian cannabis market.
- Cannabis banking bill to be discussed by US Senate.
Aurora Deutschland has won the race for the Italian medical cannabis tender, after the other three firms left in the running were eliminated over paperwork errors, but the low price per gram is proving price pressures are beginning to creep into the European market.
Prohibition Partners helps brands position themselves as thought-leaders. If you’re interested in marketing your brand to the key decision-makers in the international cannabis industry, contact us today to discuss opportunities.
European Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to present The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition, the most in-depth report on the European market. The report outlines the commercial opportunities, regulatory framework and political environment across the region, a market we predict could be worth up to €123 billion by 2028.
Cannabis Europa is crossing the Atlantic this November, bringing European expertise, knowledge and networks to the largest cannabis market in the world, North America.
In 2020, Cannabis Europa will arrive in Madrid against a backdrop of European regulatory change to help push for federal reform in the Spanish capital, before returning home for the third Cannabis Europa London next spring.
European Cannabis Week
After an inspiring programme of talks, networking and cultural events, we’d like to thank all of the partners, sponsors and attendees of the inaugural European Cannabis Week. Check out the event gallery to see the highlights of all the events that took place over the week.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.