- Luxembourg will become the first European country to legalise cannabis for adult-use.
- NICE guidelines prevent NHS cannabis treatments for epilepsy in the UK.
- Mexican parliament invites public to weigh in on expected cannabis legalisation.
- If elected, Bernie Sanders pledges to legalise cannabis.
- Feasibility study underway to use Irish bogs for cannabis cultivation.
- Greece has issued 26 licences for cannabis cultivation and production.
- North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner backs cannabis legalisation.
- CBD marketing claims need stricter regulation in the UK.
- Jersey Deputy argues in favour of adult-use cannabis.
- Ireland adopts a ‘three-strike’ rule for cannabis users.
- MGC Pharma to open GMP compliant cannabis facility in Malta.
- France’s cannabis prohibition disproportionately affects Muslim communities.
- Lack of a legal framework for cannabis cultivation in Spain causing black market boom.
- Health Ministry reforms will affect medical cannabis access in Israel.
- Sydney start-up targets exports to Asia in Australian joint venture.
- Australian government to prioritise licences for cannabis research projects.
- Amendments to New Zealand’s Misuse of Drugs Bill passed in parliament.
- High cost and limited availability continue to obstruct cannabis access in Australia.
- Thailand receives first batch of medical cannabis oil for distribution.
- Regional representative urges Philippine president to rethink cannabis legislation.
- Folk practitioners given permission to prescribe medical cannabis in Thailand.
- Japan’s attitude towards medical cannabis softening in light of market opportunities.
- Cannabis prevalence is increasing across the US.
- The Cannabis Banking Bill picks up momentum in the US Congress.
- Iowa approves bill to include chronic pain as a qualifying condition for medical cannabis.
- Florida state representative files bill to decriminalise cannabis.
- Canadian natural health food stores call for the right to sell CBD.
Greece has approved 26 licences for cannabis cultivation and processing facilities in the country. While Greece’s liberalisation of its cannabis sector began under the former Syriza administration, the momentum has continued under the new government as the country moves to capitalise on the emerging demand for medical cannabis across Europe.
The Asian Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to present The Asian Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the Asian market. The report outlines the commercial opportunities, regulatory framework and political environment across the region, a market we predict could be worth over $8.5 billion by 2024.
Prohibition Partners helps brands position themselves as thought-leaders. If you’re interested in marketing your brand to the key decision-makers in the international cannabis industry, contact us today to discuss sponsoring our upcoming reports.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
European Union rules CBD is not a narcotic, A comprehensive overview of the Latin American...
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...