International Cannabis Weekly: 137
- The UK updates import rules to facilitate faster access to cannabis medicines.
- UN vote on the classification of cannabis has been delayed to December.
- FDA sends CBD enforcement update to Congress.
- Mexican Senate commissions approve adult-use cannabis legalisation bill.
- Alabama Senate committee approves new medical cannabis legalisation bill.
- German politicians ask for medical cannabis production quota to be raised to 50 tonnes.
- New Dutch drug statistics reveal steep rise in annual cannabis use rates.
- Cannabis Europa London 2020 announces key themes and topics.
- Scottish Drugs Forum launches online cannabis education course for frontline workers.
- Watch highlights from Cannabis Europa Madrid.
- Lack of clarity remains following EIHA defence of hemp foods in Germany.
- Hawaii Senate passes bill to stop low-level drug possession resulting in felony charges.
- Recreational cannabis sales in Maine to begin in June, three months later than expected.
- Ontario receives 450 applications during first day of new retail store authorisations.
- Utah opens its first medical cannabis dispensary.
- Washington State reports US$395.5 million in legal cannabis revenue in 2019.
- Canopy Growth closes two Canadian facilities, cutting around 500 jobs.
- Cannabis Oceania arrives in Melbourne on March 23-24, 2020.
- Former Nepalese law minister introduces bill to legalise cannabis cultivation.
- New Zealand’s cannabis licensing fees are prohibiting Māori from joining the industry.
- Doctors are being urged to attend New Zealand’s first medical cannabis summit.
Latam & Caribbean
- Medical cannabis prices in Brazil are set to halve next week under new rules.
- Jamaican representative raises cannabis reform at the Commission on Narcotic Drugs.
- Colombia’s Minister of Justice holds a meeting addressing cannabis access issues.
- A motion to legalise medicinal cannabis passed its first debate in Panama.
Cannabis Oceania takes place next month during The 2nd Australian Medical Cannabis Conference 2020, brought to you by international pharmaceutical and life sciences consultancy, PharmOut.
Cannabis Oceania will present a half-day stream on day two of the conference, providing a platform for politicians, business leaders and healthcare to discuss the most pertinent issues in the Asia-Pacific cannabis market.
The Cannabis Deal Room
The Cannabis Deal Room supports businesses by providing a platform which facilitates connections between industry-leading investors and innovative organisations.
To showcase the potential of your business, submit your investment deck to The Cannabis Deal Room, now.
IMN and Prohibition Partners are excited to announce the next event in our series of European cannabis investment conferences, IC3 Europe.
The IC3 conferences provide a meeting place for investors who wish to deploy capital or learn more about this exciting and high-growth new asset class. In attendance, are cannabis companies and investment funds who are looking to raise capital and professional service providers who facilitate business across the industry.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.