International Cannabis Weekly: 142
- Charlotte Figi, who helped champion CBD for medical use sadly passes.
- Ontario eases cannabis sale laws to combat the black market.
- US businesses working indirectly with cannabis are ineligible for COVID-19 loans.
- Ireland imports emergency cannabis supplies for ministerial licensed patients.
- French cannabis reforms halted following industrial action and COVID-19 concerns.
- COVID-19 disrupts EU-GMP inspections across the globe, limiting export markets.
- Spanish cannabis social clubs propose rules to stay open during lockdown.
- Albanian PM says the country is considering medical cannabis cultivation.
- BfArM rejects application for Berlin recreational cannabis pilot project.
- Number of Danish patients accessing cannabis plummets as supply is interrupted.
- Italian medical cannabis sales grew by 50% in 2019
- Alphagreen announces appointment of new board of advisers and chairman.
- Reform groups urge Virginia governor to amend cannabis decriminalisation bill.
- FBI to review policy on agents and employees using CBD products.
- Audit of Los Angeles cannabis licensing programme finds ‘no evidence of bias’.
- AXIM Biotec receives US patent for nicotine and cannabinoid chewing gum.
- Acreage Holdings announces temporary closures and employee furloughs.
- Emergency measures help Australian medical cannabis patients access treatment.
- First medical cannabis capsules made available on prescription in Australia.
- Cannabis use in Hong Kong rises by 50%, spurred by legalisation abroad.
- Licensed producers avoid ‘non-essential’ status as Australia limits domestic industries.
- Champignon Brands to acquire government licensed psychedelic clinics, AltMed.
- Former adviser urges UK government to relax rules on psychedelic drug research.
- Psilocybin affects the brain after it leaves the user’s system, finds new research.
- Psilocybin and LSD show persistent anti-depressive effects in new animal study.
THE OCEANIA CANNABIS REPORT: SECOND EDITION
Prohibition Partners is proud to launch The Oceania Cannabis Report: Second Edition. The report contains expert analysis on the latest industry developments across Australia, New Zealand and the surrounding islands, which is set to be worth $US1.55 billion by 2024.
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
Prohibition Partners LIVE will be the largest cannabis event in the world this summer. We are taking our industry-leading conferences online, delivering you agenda-setting content, targeted virtual networking and engaging digital experiences. All at the touch of a button.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.