- German cannabinoids’ sales climb to reach US$16.8 million in March.
- Is the CBD bubble about to burst?
- Leading professor says UK medicinal cannabis has reached an impasse on clinical trials.
- Swiss lawmakers to consider expanding medical cannabis access.
- British cannabis campaigners call on the government to improve patient access.
- Czech extraction facility receives approval to export full-spectrum hemp extract to Spain.
- CBDepot group announces new EU GMP compliant manufacturing site for CBD APIs.
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
Missed out on Prohibition Partners LIVE? Not to worry, you can access all 120 hours of virtual debate, market intelligence and consumer data via our on-demand platform.
We highly recommend watching Protecting the Consumer: CBD in Europe (Cannabis Europa), Building Successful Cannabis Brands (Cannabis Americana), and What Lies Ahead? The Future of Therapy (The PSYCH Symposium).
Access all the content now for 30 days for as little as $59 (£47/€53).
- Canopy Growth reaches agreement to amend its deal to purchase Acreage Holdings.
- Veterans health commission recommends furthering cannabis & psychedelics research.
- Oklahoma Supreme Court clears cannabis legalisation measure for signature gathering.
- LA city council gives initial approval to cannabis social equity programme overhaul.
- Massachusetts posts lukewarm recreational cannabis sales for first week of reopening.
- New Jersey to phase out medical cannabis sales taxes by July 2022.
- MedMen loses provisional medical cannabis business licence in Virginia.
- Ontario cannabis market surpasses 100 cannabis retail store authorisations.
- Cannabis retail sales fall slightly 0.6% in April after stockpiling in March.
- Retailers in British Columbia seek approval for cannabis delivery.
- Aurora Cannabis to close five facilities and lay off 700 workers during restructuring.
- Canopy Growth to target cannabis-infused vapes and drinks in ‘bounce back’ effort.
- Regulators issue cease trade order for Sunniva pending overdue financial statements.
- US military invests US$27 million in developing psychedelics-inspired drugs.
- New poll shows 59% of Canadians support legalising psilocybin use for the terminally ill.
- Iowa rejects psilocybin decriminalisation amendment in floor vote.
- Former Canadian health minister joins advisory board of Red Light Holland.
- MindMed files two patent applications for screening & optimising MDMA and LSD dosing.
Health insurance cannabis sales in Germany soared in Q1 2020, reaching a new record high of almost €15 million in March, more than 50% above the €9.5m of a year before.
The exceptionally good results in March 2020 may reflect some patients redeeming their prescriptions earlier to cope with the COVID-19 crisis, similar to the stockpiling seen in North American markets during March.
Read the full analysis from Prohibition Partners here.