- Amsterdam city council votes to explore a ban on cannabis-flavoured products.
- There is ‘no excuse’ not to raise EU hemp THC limit to 0.3%.
- Canzon signs CBD product distribution deal to enter the German market.
- Spain’s AEMPS grants medical cannabis export licence to Medalchemy.
- Dutch cannabis supply to Germany partially restored after delays.
Opinion polls in New Zealand are showing a small lead for the ‘yes’ vote ahead of the referendum on adult-use cannabis legalisation to be held on September the 19th.
- Nebraska medical cannabis activists submit 182,000 signatures in ballot measure bid.
- Illinois reports record-breaking cannabis sales in June, totalling over US$47.6 million.
- Virginia lawmakers announce plans to introduce a cannabis legalisation bill next year.
- Dan Bilzerian’s cannabis company loses US$50 million, expected to fold.
- Edibles account for around 12% of total legal cannabis market, new figures reveal.
- Newfoundland and Labrador cannabis sales up 14% from last year.
- Licensed outdoor cannabis cultivators double as savings attract producers.
- Cannabis firms see a jump in insurance costs following a spate of investor lawsuits.
- Cannabis events firm Lift & Co. lays off almost all staff citing disruption from COVID-19.
Latam & Caribbean
- Mexico plans to finalise and implement medical cannabis regulations by September.
- Jamaica considers a new reduced-fees permit for farmers to encourage industry entry.
- Guam regulators plan to finalise draft cannabis rules for public comment by next month.
- Bahamian lawmakers criticised for ‘dragging their feet’ on cannabis reform efforts.
- PharmaCielo approved to produce ten tonnes of high-THC cannabis for extract exports.
The Disrupting Drinks Report
Prohibition Partners finds that the overall majority of cannabis/CBD/hemp-infused drinks consumers are men. However, in emerging markets where THC-infused products are not available & the market focus is on health and wellbeing, women are more likely to dominate the consumer space.
Learn more about consumer behaviour and purchase profiles surrounding cannabis-based beverages in the latest industry report from Prohibition Partners.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
North Macedonia considers legalisation of adult-use cannabis and Argentina’s government plans to remove cannabis from...
European Union rules CBD is not a narcotic, A comprehensive overview of the Latin American...
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...