- The IDPC releases a set of principles for the responsible legal regulation of cannabis.
- Bedrocan resupplies Malta with medical cannabis amid shortages last week.
- Switzerland greenlights adult-use cannabis study for experienced users.
- Luxembourg medical cannabis imports increase as patient numbers rise.
- NHS agrees to provide medical cannabis prescription after a mother sends letter to UK Health Secretary.
- French advocates urge government to begin medical cannabis experiment.
- Scotland approves Epidyolex to treat Dravet syndrome and Lennox Gastaut syndrome.
- UK police chiefs support medicinal cannabis cards for UK patients.
- Sweden approves STENOCARE and Emerald to provide medical cannabis oil to patients.
- French MP supports controlled legalisation of cannabis.
Newell Sciences is a fully integrated cannabinoid producer that delivers high quality cannabinoids to the global market.
- New York counties recommend cannabis legalisation to ease budget crisis.
- Nebraska removes medical cannabis legalisation from November ballot.
- Maine issues first active adult-use cannabis business licences.
- USDA funds research to explore the effects of cannabinoids in cattle feed.
- New federal report shows fewer banks are working with cannabis businesses.
- Congressmen introduce a bill to market hemp-derived CBD as a dietary supplement.
- Canadian cannabis manufacturing jobs decline more than one third in H1 2020.
- Aurora appoints new CEO while expecting a writedown in Q4 2020 of CA$1.8 billion.
- Canopy Growth lays off another round of workers as the company restructures.
- Quebec’s monopoly cannabis retailer, SQDC, announces Q1 sales of CA$110.4 million.
Latam & Caribbean
- Colombian bill that seeks to legalise adult-use cannabis passes by one vote.
- Medcolcanna and Curativa enter a joint venture for pharmaceutical cannabis products.
- Jamaica’s CLA is committed to facilitating the import and export of cannabis.
- Argentina’s medical cannabis market has the potential to reach US$1 billion in 10 years.
- Australian government proposes a rescheduling of CBD, allowing OTC pharmacy sales.
- New Zealand could earn NZ$1.1 billion in taxes annually from cannabis legalisation.
- Australian government announces clinical medical cannabis grants of AU$3 million.
- Thai study suggests cannabis extracts may inhibit cancer cell growth.