EUROPEAN CANNABIS: WAKING THE SLEEPING GIANT
The European cannabis market has made significant strides in recent years, edging closer to North America as a powerhouse on the global stage. However, key challenges remain and a number of hurdles need to be overcome before the European sector can challenge North America.
This feature analyses pan-European the questions facing the cannabis market and how to answer them in the coming years.
- Product Testing in Australia reveals inconsistencies in medical cannabis potency.
- Excitement builds as key announcements made for Prohibition Partners Live.
- UK’s FSA rejects the notion of CBD as a narcotic and stands by the novel food deadline.
- Cities in Switzerland have been authorised to distribute cannabis for scientific studies.
- Mads Pedersen and Aurora granted licence to sell and export medical cannabis in Denmark.
- Spanish cannabis associations estimate regulation could generate €600 million in taxes.
- Four 20 Pharma and Northern Green Canada complete medical cannabis shipment.
- Spanish cannabis club owner appeals prison sentence to European Court of Human Rights.
- IMC launches sales of IMC branded medical cannabis flowers in Germany.
Disrupting Food analyses exclusive cannabis consumer data from over 15,000 adults across seven international markets and breaks down rapidly shifting regulations, helping businesses, brands and investors to understand the future of the cannabis market.
Find out how and why consumers are buying, what regulations are defining the market and how the major industry leaders are approaching the industry over 150+ pages of data, intelligence and insight from experts in the field.
- Cannabis advocacy coalition announces plan to legalise interstate cannabis commerce.
- House funding bill includes hemp pilot programme extension.
- Hemp farmers eligible for new USDA coronavirus relief funds.
- West Virginia house candidates introduce the most comprehensive US cannabis bill.
- Vermont Senate approves a retail cannabis bill and sends it to the governor.
- New Mexico lawmakers predict adult-use cannabis to generate US$90m in taxes.
- Oregon economists forecast cannabis tax revenue to reach US$291 million.
- New poll finds majority of South Dakota voters support legalising cannabis.
- California governor signs bill prohibiting an increase of cannabis excise tax for another year.
- Harvard Health report difference between the science and marketing of CBD products.
- Aurora ends 2020 fiscal year with a CA$3.3 billion loss due to decline in selling prices.
- Unilever agrees a distribution deal with CBD producer Neptune Wellness.
- Manitoba cannabis store regulator considers licence allowing on-site consumption.
- B.C. is developing farm-gate and direct delivery programmes for cannabis businesses.
- WeedMD secures licence to sell all cannabis formats from flagship cultivation site.
Latam & Caribbean
- Jamaica opens first medical cannabis dispensary based in a resort.
- Grenada announces it will hold public consultations on cannabis decriminalisation.
- Colombia declares medical cannabis as a project of strategic national interest.
- MediPharm enters Brazil medical cannabis market through partnership with XLR8.
- Uruguay blames administrative error for Israeli cannabis export confusion.
- THC Global Group successfully obtains declaratory relief from Australian federal court.
- Neurotech begins studies on cannabis strains with CBDP and CBDB.
- Puro receives licence to grow 90,000 medical cannabis plants in New Zealand.
- Australia approves Epidyolex to treat Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet syndromes.