International Cannabis Weekly: 168
AUSTRALIAN MEDICAL CANNABIS APPROVALS ARE RISING DESPITE COVID-19 IMPACT
Despite the impact of COVID-19 on the Australian healthcare system, approvals of medical cannabis are once more increasing, as 35,428 have now been recorded in 2020, more than double the number of approvals recorded in 2019.
This news comes at an important time for the Australian cannabis market, which has seen a number of positive developments in recent weeks.
For a full overview, read the latest feature from Prohibition Partners, here.
- Aphria completes its first medical cannabis shipment to Germany.
- STADA partners with MediPharm to supply medical cannabis for the German market.
- The Body Shop launches CBD skincare collection for UK and US markets.
- Halo Labs acquires Canmart to distribute medical cannabis in UK pharmacies.
- Slovakian Ministry of Health proposes to allow the use of CBD-containing products.
- Italy’s Agriculture Ministry has granted hemp flower a new legal status.
- A new study on the use of medical cannabis has been published in France.
CBD: The Consumer Report
CBD has become one of the biggest disruptors of mainstream industries over the last decade, impacting sectors from pharma to food and wellness to cosmetics.
Already a multibillion-dollar opportunity globally, the market is expanding at an unprecedented rate but many small-scale operators, multinational FMCGs and investors are struggling to understand the attitudes and spending that will dictate the future of this rapidly burgeoning market.
CBD: The Consumer Report helps provide the latest regulatory information, consumer data and market projections to guide your business through this turbulent market.
- Cannabis stocks surge following Kamala Harris pledge to decriminalise cannabis.
- Vermont Governor allows adult-use cannabis into law.
- West Virginia awards 10 medical cannabis cultivation permits.
- Illinois cannabis sales in September reach record high at US$67.8 million.
- Arkansas medical cannabis dispensaries face supply shortages.
- Mark Zuckerberg donates half-million dollars to Oregon drug decriminalisation campaign.
Prohibition Partners LIVE
Latam & Caribbean
- Uruguay-grown medical cannabis available in the German market for the first time.
- Mexican Senate leader expects adult-use cannabis law to be passed in December.
- Colombian Senate plans to discuss legal framework bill for commercial hemp.
- Uruguay simplifies the administrative process for medical cannabis production licences.
- Costa Rica will announce commercial hemp regulations in the next six months.
- Thailand’s health minister plants cannabis as Thailand eyes medicinal market.
- New Zealand doctors speak out against NZMA’s stance against cannabis legalisation.
- Australia’s Department of Health plans to set GMP standards for imported medical cannabis.
- New Zealand extends medical cannabis transition to avoid supply shortages.
Africa & Middle East
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.