Business & Investment
- Spectrum Cannabis Denmark announces forty thousand square-metre medical cannabis facility in Odense.
- Patient needs are being addressed as European medical cannabis imports grow.
- UK based GW Pharmaceuticals reported its fourth quarter and fiscal year-end results, saying 2018 will be ‘A Pivotal Year’.
- Australian cannabis-therapeutics company, Creso Pharma, has signed a 10 year Swiss distribution deal.
- 2017 has been a landmark year for the cannabis industry. Here are seven trends that have had the biggest impact.
- Canada’s Maricann looks to sell medical cannabis in German pharmacies.
Regulations & Politics
Malta Poised For Medical Cannabis Reformhttp://releaf.com.mt/en/news/bycategory/3/general.htm
Throughout 2017, Malta has seen a slow but steady shift towards medical cannabis legalisation. Last month, a proposal put forth to the Maltese government that aims to facilitate the prescription of medical cannabis by general practitioners.
The European Cannabis Report
Global Cannabis Trends 2018
No.4: Advances in Medicine & Science
Cannabis is pushing the boundaries of medicine and science. Last year, the ﬁrst and only US research institution was launched – however, US research will open up properly on the back of federal legislation and rescheduling of the plant.
Cannabis is now being treated around the world as a medicine with prescribed applications to speciﬁc conditions and diseases. Global understanding of the plant’s scientiﬁc and medical uses will only continue to expand over the coming years.