- The Podemos party prepares a law to regulate cannabis in Spain by 2019.
- Former UK Metropolitan Police chief calls for a review of cannabis prohibition.
- Danish Minister of Health provides insight into the country’s cannabis pilot programmes.
- Aurora joins the limited number of LP’s supplying medical cannabis to Poland.
- International Cannabis Corp acquires Polish hemp company Polannabis.
- Alvit LCS Pharma signs an agreement with Israel’s largest medical cannabis company.
- Labour MP and medical cannabis campaigner Paul Flynn will retire from politics.
- Latin America is becoming a key centre for the global cannabis supply.
- Mexican officials discuss cannabis legalisation in Canada.
- Khiron Life Sciences acquires neurological clinic ILANS in Colombia.
- Colombian decree banning personal possession of cannabis met with protests.
- Ecuador inches closer to legal medical cannabis production.
- Pivot Pharma and Cartagena Inc. sign joint venture to develop cannabis beverages.
- Cannabis tourism is a growing industry in Jamaica.
- The Republic of Vanuatu legalises medical cannabis.
- New Zealand’s coalition government plan to broaden medical cannabis bill.
- Impression Healthcare applies for medical cannabis licences in Australia.
- Cannasouth will seek investors prior to New Zealand Stock Exchange listing in 2019.
- Medcan Australia enters into MoU with Israeli medical cannabis company.
- Bod Australia secures first medical cannabis prescription for MediCabilis.
Rest of the World
- South Korea warns citizens against cannabis consumption in Canada.
- Canada faces shortages days after cannabis legalisation.
- Thailand moves closer to being the first Asian country to legalise medical cannabis.
- Verano Holdings and Scythian Biosciences strike $188 million deal for Florida assets.
- As legal cannabis comes online, high-tech storefronts are popping up.