- Cyprus legalises medical cannabis cultivation and use.
- Turkey makes cannabis production a key component of its economic plan.
- ECH hires Canaccord as its lead advisor.
- NHS patients are not benefiting from UK cannabis reform.
- French cannabis reform would open up huge economic opportunities.
- Guernsey company enters the cannabis cultivation market.
- Aurora Nordic expects first Danish sales by mid-2019.
- Mackrell Turner Garrett opens dedicated cannabis law department in London.
- Nearly 80 firms line up for German cannabis cultivation licences.
- Europe is set to witness a cannabis-driven greenhouse boom.
- Mexico set to legalise recreational cannabis by the end of 2019.
- 15% of Chile’s population consume cannabis.
- Argentinian cannabis plan sparks criticism towards Jujuy’s Governor.
- Colombia-based Blueberries Medical secures 37-acre acquisition in Bogota Savannah.
- Next Green Wave Holdings advances interest in Colombian subsidiary.
- Brazil targets US CBD imports due to regulatory loophole.
- Cannabis legalisation “front and centre” of Australian Green Party campaign.
- Labour frontbench to push for Canberra household limit on legal cannabis plants.
- Australian TGA releases data showing special access approvals have skyrocketed.
- New Zealand drug tester warns that greater regulation is needed for medical cannabis.
- Emerald Clinics opens two medical cannabis clinics in Australia.
- NZ’s medical cannabis group secures NZD$1.8m in crowdfunding.
- Elixinol eyes 3,440 square metre cultivation facility in Byron, Australia.
Rest of the world
- South Korea’s medical cannabis law to go into effect in March.
- Asia Cannabis Corp in Cambodian acquisition deal.
- Canopy Q3 results suggest Canadian market share of over 50%.
- Hemp-CBD products are experiencing a boom in Canada despite lack of supply.
- Californian women doubled their cannabis purchasing in 2018.
- US legalisation of recreational cannabis could decimate medical market.
- Namibian advocates plan march for cannabis legalisation.
- US universities introduce cannabis courses to train the booming industry’s workforce.
Health & Science
The African Cannabis Report™ will be the first in-depth research on the African cannabis market, helping to influence and shape the development of the industry across the continent. The report will be distributed to over 120,000 cannabis regulators, entrepreneurs and investors. For more information on partnership opportunities contact
Greece’s government has been busy approving the first wave of licences for companies wanting to grow medical cannabis in the Hellenic Republic, but no business has yet acquired all three necessary to begin production. While the Greek government has touted cannabis as a potential remedy to boost its economy, cannabis companies are stuck in the rigmarole of lengthy licensing processes. Read more…
This year’s Cannabis Europa London Conference takes place at The Southbank Centre between the 24th & 25th of June.
Leaders of the medical cannabis industry will gather in the heart of the city at London’s world class cultural hub, the Southbank Centre. This two-day event will explore the latest developments in the UK market and the professionalisation of the industry across the European continent.
The European Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition. The exclusive report examines commercial opportunities and regulatory changes in 33 European states and unpacks the emerging trends and market forecasts for key European cannabis markets. We’d like to thank all our partners for supporting original and independent research that is consistently advancing the European cannabis industry.