- The UK’s first medical cannabis clinic opens in Manchester.
- Swiss court announces a 25% tax on cannabis flower.
- Europe recognises the financial benefits of cannabis legalisation.
- German access to medical cannabis still poses a number of challenges.
- Netherlands patients are still struggling to access medical cannabis.
- Aurora begins selling cannabis oil to German pharmacies.
- Speakers announced for Women’s Medical Cannabis Conference in London
- Bod Australia gets foothold in Europe with Tilman export deal.
- Supreme Cannabis is seeking Malta production licence.
- Note: Prohibition Partners will be speaking at Cannabis Business France next month.
- Peru announces cannabis deregulation guidelines.
- Jamaica to benefit from $3 million Canadian investment for medical cannabis exports.
- Khiron and Dixie Brands to bring over 100 cannabis products to Latin American market.
- CannAmerica announces Mexican joint venture with Sericea Labs and CBDistribution.
- Jamaica completes first shipment of medical cannabis to Canada for testing.
Rest of the World
- Harvest Health undertakes record-breaking $850 million acquisition of Verano.
- Zimbabwe approves first license for private cannabis company.
- Aleafia closes Emblem acquisition.
- Hawaii launches medical cannabis registration system to visitors.
- US Democrat candidates are backing cannabis legalisation.
- Thailand to begin testing medical cannabis on human patients.
- Philippine President, Duterte, backtracks on legalisation of medical cannabis.
- Indian health minister encourages medical cannabis laws.
- Florida senate passes smokable medical cannabis bill.
- Thai FDA tables laws on cannabis advertising.
- Legal cannabis doesn’t increase usage, but changing the law on possession does.
- Canada’s new edibles regulations to prohibit using terms such as ‘beer’ and ‘wine’.
- Nielsen enters into the cannabis industry.
- Nelson Peltz joins Aurora as strategic adviser.
- Namaste to acquire stake in craft chocolate maker.
- Valens signs extraction deal with Green Organic Dutchman.
- HEXO joins Food & Consumer Products of Canada in an industry first.
Health & Science
- MSU explores the role of cannabis in treating serious diseases.
- Study shows moderate cannabis use can increase sperm count.
- Study finds cannabis can lead to more satisfying orgasms.
- Israeli scientists study new cannabis delivery method for cancer pain relief.
- Depression and anxiety top the reasons for medical cannabis use.
- DNA study to map individual responses to cannabis.
- Australian researchers find CBD curbs methamphetamine addiction in rats.
With Parliament voting down both Theresa May’s negotiated deal with the EU and the prospect of a no-deal exit, the UK will now endure a further period of prolonged commercial uncertainty. And while the binary option of deal or no-deal may have theoretically been removed from the table, this has effectively broadened the range of potential outcomes that could lie ahead. But what will this mean for the UK’s legal cannabis industry ? Read more…
The African Cannabis Report™ will be the first in-depth research on the African cannabis market, helping to influence and shape the development of the industry across the continent. The report will be distributed to over 120,000 cannabis regulators, entrepreneurs and investors. For more information on partnership opportunities contact
The European Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition. The exclusive report examines commercial opportunities and regulatory changes in 33 European states and unpacks the emerging trends and market forecasts for key European cannabis markets. Download your report now.