- Romania’s bid for medical cannabis prompts caution from the European Commission.
- UK Medical Cannabis Clinicians’ Society publishes new guidelines for prescribers.
- Frankfurt-based Farmako announces Polish cannabis import deal.
- First CBD product vending machine installed in Germany.
- Belgian House of Representatives begins discussing medical cannabis distribution bill.
- SNP MP calls for increased access to medical cannabis for severely epileptic children.
- UK APPG for Drug Reform implore parliament to legalise cannabis to tackle gang culture.
Rest of the World
- US Congressional Committee approves cannabis banking bill.
- UN cannabis rescheduling vote expected by March 2020.
- Chinese cannabis-related stocks plunge after speculative interest.
- The Thai government is leading the country’s monetisation of cannabis.
- New Jersey cancels cannabis legalisation vote due to lack of support.
- Federal Cannabis Industry Banking Reform Bill gets a hearing next week.
- Malaysian lawmaker proposes cannabis cultivation hub to boost economy.
- Thai university will be ready to launch cannabis medicine products in five years.
- New national poll finds 61% of Americans in favour of cannabis legalisation.
- Japanese officials approve Epidiolex for clinical trials.
- Cannabis fund innovator announces plans for US-only ETF.
- Seth Rogen teams up with Canopy Growth to launch Houseplant brand.
- Africa’s legal cannabis market to be worth over $US 7.1b by 2023.
- HelloMD undertakes South African joint venture.
- Liberia’s consular office in New York hints at a US medical cannabis operation in Liberia.
- Kenya rejects claims of a deal with US cannabis firm GoIP Global.
- Stem Holdings acquires South African Ventures Inc.
The African Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to launch The African Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the African market. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our valued partners for supporting original research which consistently advances the global cannabis industry.
On the 24th-25th of June 2019, the leaders of the medical cannabis industry will gather in the heart of the city at London’s world class cultural hub, the Southbank Centre. This two-day event will explore the latest developments in the UK market and the professionalisation of the industry across the European continent.