- UK House of Commons supports calls for improved access to medical cannabis.
- Wayland JV Demecan confirms German cultivation licence.
- Bulgaria becomes first EU state member to allow the free sale of CBD.
- Aphria receives fifth German cultivation licence.
- High-tech cannabis cultivation firm, Seedo, opens EU distribution hub in the Netherlands.
- Rome’s largest university to open dedicated medical cannabis lab in Malta.
- Swiss pharma giant Novartis suggests cannabis isn’t a priority despite Tilray partnership.
- The value of being a first mover in the cannabis industry.
- MPX International acquires Swiss organic cannabis company.
- Canopy Growth enters the skincare market with CA$74 million acquisition in London.
- Barbados approves importation of five medical cannabis products.
- Latin American market expected to undercut producers and pricing globally.
- Colombia embraces the legal cannabis industry.
- Greek billionaire Alki David provides hemp crops to aid Puerto Rico’s besieged farmers.
- Latin America is a key growth area for the CBD skincare industry.
- Poll finds that more than a million New Zealanders would try medical cannabis.
- Just one Canberra doctor joins Chronic Pain Australia’s cannabis training scheme.
- Help End Marijuana Prohibition party secures 1.9% of the Australian national vote.
- New Zealand could use ‘Morality Clause’ to block cannabis patent wars.
- Cannasouth aiming for NZX public offering.
- Industrial Hemp Bill tabled in Australia’s Northern Territory.
- Australian Labor party vows to streamline process for medical cannabis prescriptions.
- Australian pharmaceutical firm receives licence to manufacture medical cannabis.
- Canopy Rivers invests US$1.5 million in New Zealand’s BioLumic.
- China has the potential to become a global cannabis superpower.
- International patents could lock Thailand out of potential $237.2 billion cannabis market.
- Thai government announces that medical cannabis products will be ready by July 2019.
- Thai cannabis amnesty scheme finds 2,000 patients using medical cannabis.
- Young people in Singapore are softening their attitudes towards cannabis.
Rest of the World
- SOL Global invests US$30 million into US cannabis company to secure hemp supply.
- Israeli health minister enables patients to obtain medical cannabis from pharmacies.
- Aurora signs ‘multi-million dollar’ research deal with UFC.
- Oregon Senate Bill 582 pushes for interstate import and export of cannabis.
- Michigan House gets behind resolution for SAFE Banking Act.
- OrganiGram lists on the Nasdaq, ahead of its foray into the US hemp market.
- NFL and NFLPA to study cannabis as a pain-management aid for athletes.
Health & Science
- Study suggests cannabis reduces the urge to use opioids and reduces stress.
- Scientists have found a way to utilise hemp fibre as a supercapacitor.
- Research under way into the effects of cannabis on pregnant women.
- CBD eases PTSD and nightmares according to a new study.
- 89% of epileptic dogs had fewer seizures when treated with CBD.
The Asian Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to launch The Asian Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the Asian market. The report outlines the commercial opportunities, regulatory framework and political environment across the region, a market we predict could be worth over $8.5 billion by 2024.
The race to patent intellectual property is a key mark of any emerging market, with patents widely recognised as the most viable way of securing future earnings and gaining a competitive edge over rivals in the long-term. However, this traditional route of monopolising the market which has characterised the modern history of the pharmaceutical industry may have hit a stumbling block – national protectionism. Read more…
With over 80 speakers across 18 talks, Cannabis Europa London has something for everybody. Our panellists will be discussing the most pressing issues facing the European industry today, analysing the developments of the last 12 months and looking at how medical cannabis has permeated the mainstream.
Only 6 days remain to book your Early Bird tickets. Book now to save over 25% on full price tickets.
Cannabis Europa - A Year in Review
One year on since the inaugural Cannabis Europa in London, the landscape of the European cannabis industry has changed dramatically.This time 12 months ago, medical cannabis was still illegal in the UK, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal and Greece despite growing momentum behind legalisation campaigns.
Prohibition Partners is proud to announce the launch of the first annual IC3 Europe, in conjunction with IMN. On the 26th of June, the Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3 Europe) will provide a meeting place for investors looking to learn the ropes in cannabis investing.
Tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit the website here.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
North Macedonia considers legalisation of adult-use cannabis and Argentina’s government plans to remove cannabis from...
European Union rules CBD is not a narcotic, A comprehensive overview of the Latin American...
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...