Download our reports
The North American Cannabis Report: Second Edition
In 2020, the US saw further states legalising adult-use cannabis, Canada rolling out innovative Cannabis 2.0 products and COVID-19 accelerating North American sales of adult-use cannabis products. As 2021 commences and the North American cannabis industry continues to show promising developments, Prohibition Partners launches The North American Cannabis Report: Second Edition which provides a deep-dive on the current state of the cannabis industry in the US and Canada.
The report provides a deep-dive assessment of the current social, political, economic and legal changes in the North American Cannabis Industry. The report examines the 2020 US election outcomes, the US Vape Crises, Social Equity Programmes, the Canadian Cannabis 2.0 roll-out and COVID-19. now available both in digital and print versions for purchase.
North American legal sales of cannabis are estimated to reach US$39.1 billion by 2025, with adult-use cannabis sales reflecting a growth rate of 144% between 2020 and 2025. The projected number is primarily fuelled by the introduction of US states legalising adult-use cannabis sales, product innovation in the Cannabis 2.0 segment and the increase of North American cannabis consumption.
The North American Cannabis Report: Second Edition examines:
- Estimated sales of legal cannabis are expected to reach US$39.1 billion by 2025, reflecting a 144% growth between 2020 and 2025.
- US adult-use cannabis users are expected to grow from 8.2 million in 2020 to 23.9 million by 2025.
- Yearly US consumption of cannabis is predicted to grow from 982,349 KG to 3,008,535 by 2025.
Definition and Scope
- Political Insights
- US Market Snapshot
- 2020 Presidential Election and Ballots
- Public Markets and M&A
- M&A Activity and Capital Raises Behind 2019 Levels
- Safe Banking Act
- The Rise of SPACs
- More Act
- Vaping Crisis
- Social Equity Programme
- Canada Market Snapshot
- Cannabis 2.0 – Overhyped?
- Lack of Differentiation – Medical VS Adult Use Market
- Canada’s Essential Businesses
- US Essential Businesses
- Cannabis Sales and COVID-19
- Losses in the Industry
- Cannabis and COVID-19 Treatment
In collaboration with: