International Cannabis Weekly: 181
US FDA PUBLISHES ITS FINAL RULE ON HEMP CULTIVATION
In the same week that Joe Biden was elected as the 46th President of the United States and fresh hope for the federal legalisation of cannabis was raised, the Federal Drug Agency published its final rule on the regulation of hemp cultivation following an extensive consultation process involving farmers, legislators and key industry stakeholders.
BIDEN PICKS CANNABIS LEGALISATION ADVOCATE FOR KEY GOVERNMENT ROLE
ISLE OF MAN PASSES CANNABIS CULTIVATION AND EXPORT LAWS
- President of the German Society for Pain Medicine calls for improved access to medical cannabis.
- Poland launches public consultation to gather feedback on cannabis legalisation plans.
- Spainish Supreme Court rejects Catalonian regulation of cannabis clubs in Barcelona.
- Survey of French Mayors reveals a majority support adult-use cannabis legalisation.
- Netherlands approves cannabis supply to the UK in wake of Brexit.
- Swedish pharmaceutical company signs licensing agreement with Cannassure.
- Tilray Germany recalls two batches of THC 25 cannabis extract.
- Irish Medicinal Cannabis Access Programme update falls short of meaningful access for patients.
- Is France moving towards cannabis legalisation?
PROHIBITION PARTNERS WEBINAR SERIES
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE WEBINAR:
THE NORTH AMERICAN CANNABIS REPORT:
Prohibition Partners’ is delighted to announce that a panel of industry-leading figures will join us during a live webinar to discuss the key insights and findings from The North America Cannabis Report: Second Edition, which is set to be released in the coming weeks.
- Bill for federal rescheduling of cannabis filed by US senator.
- Chicago’s Verano raises US$100 million ahead of going public.
- Nebraska lawmaker introduces cannabis legalisation bill.
- Illinois raises US$62 million in cannabis taxes for progressive programmes.
- Pyxus International pulls out of the cannabis sector.
- Connecticut governor circulates draft cannabis legalisation bill.
- South Carolina’s cannabis legalisation bill receives fresh backing.
- Adult-use cannabis sales are set to begin in Arizona this week.
SURVEY OF 2,000+ GERMAN CANNABIS CONSUMERS REVEALS RAPID BEHAVIOUR SHIFTS
To better understand cannabis patients and consumers in Germany, Prohibition Partners deployed a survey of over 2,000 consumers in the country, examining habits and opinions on CBD and cannabis.
The findings showed that consumption is rapidly increasing and the cannabis market is set to become one of the most lucrative outside of North America. Enjoy access to the results of our research and the conclusions our team of analysts have made in; Germany: Cannabis & CBD Consumer Report.
- WeedMD announces the development of a range of cannabis 2.0 products.
- Calls made to reduce Canada’s cannabis labelling restrictions.
- Health Canada announces CAD$1.8m of funding to research impact of legalising adult-use cannabis.
- Aurora cuts jobs and contracts external sales firm.
- Cannabis helps 50% of patients suffering from chronic pain to quit opioid use.
- Canada’s largest private workers union to cover medical cannabis costs of members.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Ecuador receives first applications for commercial hemp cultivation.
- Activists in Peru and Mexico want to legalise self-grown cannabis.
- Vets in Brazil to be provided with online training for treating animals with cannabis.
- CannaVerde acquires Colombian cannabis research group.
- First cannabis cultivation licences awarded in Antigua and Barbuda.
- Australian researchers demonstrate cannabis’ anti-microbial activity.
- Australian Primary Hemp wins a deal to stock goods in Woolworths.
- Japan may introduce harsher penalties for cannabis possession.
- Thailand releases legal cannabis guide for business registration.
- In Japan, NeutriSci and TABLETZ sign a CBD distribution deal.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.