GERMAN GOVERNMENT DELIVERS OVERVIEW COUNTRY’S MEDICAL CANNABIS SECTOR
This week, the German government released data that highlights the current state of the medical cannabis sector within the country.
A comprehensive list of questions, posed by parliamentary MP’s was also answered, with a full transcription being made to the public.
KEY INSIGHTS FROM THE DISRUPTING PETCARE REPORT
CONNECT WITH THE INTERNATIONAL CANNABIS COMMUNITY
- Malta on the verge of allowing home-grown cannabis.
- Spanish cannabis clubs demand to be allowed to reopen.
- UK Novel Food deadline slips as over a third of CBD applications fail.
- Spanish parliamentary group proposes cannabis regulation for adults.
- UK’s former chief drug advisor says prisons should trial free cannabis.
- Richard Branson calls for global cannabis policy reform.
- Medical cannabis project planned for areas in Portugal devastated by 2017 fires.
- Polish hemp company plans to launch a medical cannabis plantation.
- Clearing bureaucracy would let the dynamic Polish hemp sector grow even faster.
LONDON IS OPEN
EXCLUSIVE NETWORKING AND ROUNDTABLE EVENT SET FOR NEXT WEEK
Join Cannabis Europa and Prohibition Partners on Tuesday 9th March for a roundtable discussion and networking session with Hill Dickinson, Peter House Capital and The Aquis Exchange to explore the most exciting opportunities developing in the European cannabis industry.
- Canadian company, CordovaCann, acquires cannabis extraction operation in Washington.
- Virginia legislature passes bill to legalise adult-use cannabis.
- Mississippi Senate overruled as medical cannabis programme is approved.
- Pennsylvania governor approves cannabis pardons.
- Minnesota Senate moves to expand the state’s medical cannabis programme.
- Wyoming lawmakers introduce bill to legalise cannabis.
- Mayor of Washington, D.C. introduces bill to create regulated cannabis market.
- US Department of Agriculture aims to expand hemp production.
- Study approved to examine use of cannabis for PTSD treatment.
- Jay-Z’s cannabis brand challenges hypocrisy of cannabis regulations.
- Minnesota to consider legalising adult-use cannabis as bill passes House Committee.
- Las Vegas city council approves drive-through service for cannabis dispensaries.
- Lawmakers move forward with bill that would legalise cannabis sales in Hawaii.
- Canadian Rockies Hemp announces C$14m investment to restart work on hemp processing facility.
- Heritage Cannabis reports first-year revenue of C$9.3m despite impact of COVID-19.
- Tilray announces turn of profit as Canopy Growth and Aurora struggle.
- WeedMD announces closing of bought deal equity financing deal.
- Valens signs development deal with Rubicon Organics.
- Supreme Cannabis Launches C$30.0 Million ATM Financing.
- Premier urged to press pause on Cannabis NB decision in 11th-hour letter.
- Avicanna closes non-brokered private placement & raises C5.6 million.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Argentinian president announces project to boost country’s cannabis production.
- Portugal and Brazil debate the reclassification of cannabis by the UN.
- Argentinian province passes decree allowing cultivation of cannabis for medicinal use.
- Brazilian government agency looking to block cannabis growth for medicinal purposes.
- Tenerife councils preparing legislation to allow cannabis production and decriminalisation.
- Cannabis laws criminalise indigenous Mexicans, warn directors of National Cannabis Council.
- Government’s attempts to bring a regulated cannabis industry to Bermuda unsuccessful.
- Barbados to promote domestic medical cannabis industry by rejecting multinationals involvement.
- Growth of Mexican cannabis market highlighted by increase of cannabis trademarks.
- Economist believes cannabis could generate 8 billion Bahts for Thailand.
- Acting Vice Chancellor of Fiji says medicinal cannabis could aid economic recovery.
- Australia suffers from medicinal cannabis flower shortage.
- New Zealand’s medical cannabis programme is being ‘undermined’ by unregulated imports.
- Uzbekistan allows medicinal cannabis production.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Isracan signs import agreement with Israeli cannabis medical manufacturer.
- 38% of Israeli medical cannabis strains contain less than 15% THC.
- Moroccan government postpones debate on cannabis legalisation bill.
- Algerian media attack Morocco over cannabis legalisation debate.
- IMC becomes first Israeli cannabis company to be listed on NASDAQ.
- Zambia introduces bill to legalise the cultivation of cannabis.