DANISH PATIENTS TURNING AWAY FROM CBD AND TOWARDS EPIDIOLEX
New data published in Denmark has revealed that a growing number of patients are turning towards licensed products. Could this trend spell trouble for the European CBD market?
THE RESEARCH AND REGULATIONS UNDERPINNING CBD IN PETCARE
EXPLORING OPPORTUNITIES AT PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
- London mayor plans reforms for stop and search tactics on cannabis possession.
- Two shareholders of GW Pharmaceuticals are aiming to stop the US$7.2B acquisition of the company.
- FSA updates criteria for CBD products as Novel Foods deadline approaches.
- Little Green Pharma delivers its first medical cannabis shipment for major cannabis trial in France.
- German doctor pressuring insurers to approve more prescription cannabis claims.
- European Cannabis Observatory and Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products clash on hemp laws.
- Lithuanian company Sanobiotec discovers new method for manufacturing CBC.
- Khiron successfully completes first import of cannabis plant clones from Colombia.
- UK CBD regulators under fire after last-minute change to Novel Food rules.
- Government ministers lobbied to establish Ireland as ‘export centre’ for medicinal cannabis.
- Plans to allow prescription medical cannabis on Isle of Man paused.
- Emerald Health partners with Spanish greenhouse grower to produce medical cannabis products.
The Latin America and Caribbean Cannabis Report: Second Edition
REPORT HIGHLIGHTS ECONOMIC BENEFIT OF CANNABIS LEGALISATION IN MEXICO
Last week, Mexico took a step closer to legalising adult-use cannabis and though hurdles remain, the country could be on its way to becoming a major player in the international cannabis industry.
To understand more about the most important opportunities in the Mexican cannabis industry, get your own copy of: The Latin America and Caribbean Cannabis Report: Second Edition, here.
- Senate panel debates cannabis legalisation in New Mexico.
- Legislation allowing access to medical cannabis in schools passed by Colorado Senate.
- Universities across California awarded US$30 million to study economic impacts of cannabis.
- First trial of cannabis as treatment for PTSD raises no safety concerns.
- Cannabis equity programme in California provides another US$15 million in funding.
- Adult-use cannabis sales soar in Arizona but industry equity falls behind.
- Bill allowing Tennessee cancer patients to use cannabis oil with THC advances.
- Adult-use medical cannabis bill approved by Wyoming House Judiciary.
- Drug decriminalisation bill filed by Rhode Island senators.
- Advocacy groups seeking to make autism a qualifying condition for medical cannabis.
- Majority of Florida voters back cannabis legalisation and oppose THC limits.
- Dutchie closes US$200 million funding round boosting company’s valuation to US$1.7 billion.
- Senate Majority Leader reiterates his commitment to pursuing further cannabis legalisation measures.
- Business owners and entrepreneurs form the Cannabis Industry Association of South Dakota.
- Department of Health approves second medical cannabis dispensary for Maui Grown Therapies.
- Hemp advocates say cannabis that can intoxicate shouldn’t be marketed as hemp.
- Bill in Oklahoma would help people across the US access medical cannabis.
- ‘Cannabis Equity Grant’ to promote legal jobs announced in San Diego.
- Programme to clear possession records pardons only 395 people in two years.
- City committee moves to stem the practice of homegrown cannabis in Winnipeg.
- Stigma Grow announces partnership to launch BevCanna’s cannabis-infused beverages and products.
- Aphria set to host shareholder meeting to approve proposed Aphria-Tilray business combination.
- Heritage Cannabis closes its C$13.8m equity financing.
- Valens announces manufacturing and distribution services deal with Experion Biotechnologies.
- Matica forwards first shipment of cannabis to British Columbia.
- Zalemark Holding Company signs licensing agreement with Lupos Biotechnology.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Argentinian agency and government of Rio Negro begin medical cannabis cultivation project.
- Legalisation in Mexico prompts banks to raise price targets on cannabis firms.
- Argentinian university announces Chair of Interdisciplinary Approach to Cannabis.
- Blueberries Medical enters growing Peruvian medical cannabis market with Futura Farms agreement.
- Costs prevent New Zealand families accessing medical cannabis.
- Creso Pharma announces acquisition of Canada-based Halucenex Life Sciences.
- New Zealand Green Party pushing for cross-party decriminalisation bill.
- Tilray approved to bring medical cannabis products online in Australia.
- Tasmanian premier announces changes to state’s Controlled Access Scheme.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- New data demonstrates Morocco remains world’s leading cannabis producer.
- Number of medical cannabis patients in Israel exceeded 85,000 in February 2021.
- Re-legalisation advocates offer South African government a cannabis master-plan lifeline.
- Ugandan President uses legal process to ensure government’s cannabis monopoly continues.
- Israeli opposition leader Yair Lapid will not sign commitment to legalisation.