International Cannabis Weekly: 190
ANALYSING CANNABIS AND CBD COMPANIES ON THE LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE
Cannabis Europa and Prohibition Partners are proud to present the third and final part of the ‘London is Open’ series.
This comprehensive deep-dive into the introduction of cannabis and CBD companies on the London Stock Exchange provides exclusive insights from financial experts with first-hand experience of assisting the likes of Kanabo and MGC Pharmaceuticals to achieve listing on the LSE.
INTERNATIONAL GROUP CHALLENGES PAIN RELIEVING BENEFITS OF MEDICAL CANNABIS
THE KEY CHALLENGES CURRENTLY FACING THE BRAZILIAN CANNABIS SECTOR
- Sapphire Medical Clinics becomes first medical cannabis clinic approved by Scottish regulator.
- Leading German distributor receives medical cannabis products for immediate prescription and sale.
- Social Democrats Party wants to legalise small amounts of cannabis in Germany.
- Bill to regulate cannabis clubs and cannabis consumption brought to Spanish senate.
- 20,000 patients in the UK benefit from medical cannabis card.
- Two European companies chosen to supply flowers for French medical cannabis pilot.
- Cannabis used to treat patient in Czech prison for the first time.
- Initiative to decriminalise small amounts of cannabis in Poland collects 100,000 signatures.
- European Industrial Hemp Association declares CBD breakthrough after Novel Food applications approved.
- Committee of Italian patients implores Health Minister for access to medical cannabis.
- Colorado-based urban-gro announces expansion to the Netherlands and France.
- Slovakia becomes the final European country to legalise CBD.
GERMANY: CANNABIS & CBD CONSUMER REPORT
REPORT SHEDS LIGHT ON BEHAVIOUR OF GERMAN CANNABIS CONSUMERS
Germany is set to become one of the largest single markets for cannabis and CBD anywhere in the world; however, relatively little is currently known about the consumers responsible for driving the growth of the sector.
In this report, unlock access to exclusive data as well as insights into the topics that are most pressing for patients and consumers in Germany.
- Lawmakers reach agreement on legalising adult-use cannabis in New York.
- Bill to legalise adult-use cannabis passes Minnesota Agriculture Committee.
- 30 members of Congress blast Biden’s cannabis-related White House firings.
- Hemp rules updated in Michigan aligning with federal rules and supporting growers.
- Lawmakers in California introduce bill allowing terminally-ill patients access to medical cannabis.
- Nearly US$300,000 granted to Oregon State University for hemp cattle-feed research.
- Lawmakers in Kansas considering bill to legalise strictly regulated medical cannabis programme.
- Cannabis sales in Michigan increase 160% to US$105 million in February.
- Ayr Wellness completes US$75 million acquisition of Arizona operation Oasis.
- Heritage Cannabis announces expansion to Canadian medical and retail markets.
- Lawmakers in Oklahoma attempting to slow state’s growing medical cannabis industry.
- Senate committee advances bill to legalise cannabis in North Dakota.
- Banking Act designed to protect cannabis companies reintroduced in the House.
- State of Kentucky to submit new hemp plan to Department of Agriculture.
- Governor of South Dakota may support cannabis decriminalisation bill.
- Canada announces consumption of adult-use cannabis will not be against the Criminal Code.
- Heritage Cannabis given licence by Health Canada to export cannabis to Brazil.
- Wellington North council and neighbours express concerns over proposed cannabis facility.
- Health Canada blames COVID-19 for delays of medical cannabis to Australia.
- Navaya completes installation of state-of-the-art cannabis cultivation equipment.
- Health Canada suggests imminent crackdown on patients who grow their own cannabis.
- Neptune gets approval to expand capacity for cannabis oil capsule production.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Brazilian cannabis institute creates service for monitoring legislation.
- Foundation linked to Brazilian Ministry of Health requests authorisation to grow CBD.
- Brazilian council advances plans to provide free CBD and THC medical prescriptions.
- Mexico could become one of the world’s main cannabis markets.
- Cannabis cosmetics are the latest trend in Colombia following industry boom.
- Panama National Assembly prepares to resume medical cannabis debate.
- Feasibility of legal cannabis in Mexico questioned.
- Challenges of cannabis legalisation in Colombia analysed.
- Former Aurora boss Terry Booth discusses new role as CEO of Australis.
- Health professionals in Australia and New Zealand advised against prescribing medical cannabis.
- Installation of CBD facility nears completion in China’s Yunnan Province.
- Thai agriculture department plans new regulations for hemp and cannabis.
- Australis completes first stage in Green Therapeutics acquisition.
- Australian CBD manufacturer Elixinol takes over German CannaCare Health for €9 million.
- Indian state to legalise cannabis cultivation to boost economy.
- Pakistani denim makers begin producing new fabrics blending cotton with hemp.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Moroccan medical cannabis legalisation bill translated and annotated.
- South African president urged to unlock cannabis economy for Covid recovery plan.
- US industrial groups visit Morocco after government registers cannabis legalisation bill.
- Supporters of cannabis legalisation in Israel must go out and vote.
- Israeli medical cannabis company cleared for clinical trial to treat Covid patients.
- Former Israeli foreign minister joins medical cannabis firm as strategic adviser.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.