International Cannabis Weekly: 191
THE EUROPEAN CANNABIS REPORT: EDITION 6
Prohibition Partners is proud to launch The European Cannabis Report: Edition 6, which delivers a comprehensive overview of the European cannabis market and the key trends underpinning the growth of the industry.
The report delves deeper into the progress of cannabis legalisation in the region, analysing trade, supply chains, commercial developments, medical products on the market and the patients who use them. It also considers how COVID-19 has affected the market in Europe and what this means for the year ahead.
SWISS GOVERNMENT RELEASES DETAILS ON ADULT-USE CANNABIS PILOT SCHEMES
ANALYSING CANNABIS COMPANIES ON THE LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE
- France’s medical trial to explore safety of cannabis for therapeutic purposes begins.
- Ethypharm signs distribution agreement with Clever Leaves for medical cannabis in Germany.
- Health and economic benefits spark discussion about Cannabis Social Clubs in France.
- NHS launching UK’s first evidence-based cannabis patient data registry.
- EMMAC launches first medical cannabis flower for UK market.
- German Social Democrats Party supporting cannabis legalisation.
- Italy debates law for self-production of medical cannabis to meet patients’ needs.
- Cannabis is still completely illegal in these nine European countries.
- UK parents of epileptic child drop legal challenge following medical cannabis clarification.
- Spanish senate introduces legislation to regulate Cannabis Social Clubs in Catalonia.
- Maltese prime minister launches cannabis reform proposals.
- German study cites urgent need for clear rules on cannabinoids.
- Italy restricting supply of medical cannabis despite high demand.
- Leading UK payment firm gives over 100 CBD businesses compliance deadline.
A LIVE DISCUSSION ON THE KEY INSIGHTS FROM THE EUROPEAN CANNABIS REPORT: EDITION 6
Following the publication of The European Cannabis Report: Edition 6, Prohibition Partners is set to host an exclusive online panel discussion featuring business leaders operating in the European cannabis market.
The discussion will be streamed live on 7th April 2021 at 3pm BST / 4pm CET / 10am EST. Register today to guarantee your virtual seat at the table.
- New York State has legalised adult-use cannabis.
- HempFusion completes anti-inflammatory CBD medicine trial.
- Medical cannabis legislation being revised in Oklahoma to further regulate growing industry.
- Greenlane and KushCo to merge as legal cannabis demand booms.
- Northern Leaf to launch operations at Jersey cannabis farm.
- Lawmakers in Rhode Island hear drug decriminalisation bill as legalisation measures progress.
- Former convictions expunged after New York legalises recreational cannabis.
- Legislator proposes bill to allow cannabis lounges in Nevada.
- Governor of Virginia asks lawmakers to make cannabis legalisation happen this year.
- Unionisation efforts spreading throughout the cannabis industry.
- Ayr Wellness moves forward with US$101 million New Jersey acquisition.
- Major multinationals eyeing local Canadian cannabis producers for investment opportunities.
- Ontario opening first retail store located near growing operation at licensed producer.
- Cannabis insurance market in Canada is booming despite growing pains.
- Canada introducing fines for travellers who fail to properly declare cannabis imports.
- Canntab receives export licence approval from Health Canada.
- Tilray facing several lawsuits from investors after merger agreement.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Cannabis company to open largest state-of-the-art plant in the Caribbean.
- Mexico to legalise adult-use cannabis in a bid to de-escalate drug war.
- Antigua senate passes amendment bill to better regulate medicinal cannabis businesses.
- Citizen Action Party deputy says Costa Rica will have legal cannabis.
- First district in Argentina authorised to cultivate medicinal cannabis.
- Corrientes approves state production of medicinal cannabis.
- Thailand opens licensing for range of cannabis activities including production and distribution.
- Australian companies collaborate to fast track over-the-counter CBD registration.
- Australia commences latest round of industrial hemp trials.
- Armenia includes medical cannabis legalisation in new economic recovery plan.
- Proposed ban on CBD in cosmetics alarms Chinese stakeholders.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.