The 6th edition of The European Cannabis Report contains the most in-depth consideration of the cannabis market in Europe to date. It estimates the market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 67.4% from 2021 to reach €3.2 billion by 2025.
We explore this exponential forecasted growth and other key insights from The European Cannabis Report: 6th Edition, providing detailed analyses on all aspects of the burgeoning industry, from patient access and regulatory change, to commercial opportunities and risks.
ROUND TABLE HIGHLIGHTS: MORE CANNABIS BUSINESSES EXPECTED TO GO PUBLIC IN LONDON
MEDICAL CANNABIS MARKET IN ITALY GREW 30% IN 2020
- CEO Boris Jordan draws comparisons between Curaleaf’s exponential growth and the European cannabis market.
- Maltese Labour Party launching cannabis consultation in a bid to challenge proposed reform.
- Spanish university opens hub to research industrial use of cannabis.
- Alphagreen launches largest ever cannabis & CBD crowdfunding raise in the UK.
- Switzerland to begin adult-use cannabis trial with 5,000 participants.
- The Netherlands and Canada duopoly in European medicinal cannabis market being disrupted.
- Italian hemp association criticises Sardinian prosecutor over law enforcement directive.
- Prosecutions for cannabis possession down dramatically in the UK.
- Stephen Murphy to speak at Bloomberg Intelligence Briefing: Global Cannabis Outlook – is Europe the Next Frontier?
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE: HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS
Engaging with topics on both international and regional levels, this LIVE virtual conference will include disruptive debates, transformative knowledge and truly global networking to help shape the future of cannabis.
Join us on 18-20 May for an agenda-setting three days of content, keynotes and unique networking opportunities at the click of a button; featuring world-class speakers across politics, culture, science and business.
- Curaleaf announces the closing of the EMMAC acquisition.
- Trulieve Cannabis Corp. raising funds with sale of 4.4 million voting shares.
- American Herbal Products Association publishes lexicon to standardise hemp industry terminology.
- University in Michigan offers first-ever cannabis chemistry scholarship.
- Governor of Virginia proposes pushing up timeline for cannabis legalisation.
- Profiling the Latino organisations promoting cannabis legalisation in the US.
- Senate in North Dakota blocks efforts to put cannabis on 2022 ballot.
- Jushi completes US$9 million acquisition of FBS Nevada.
- Governor of Connecticut’s adult-use cannabis bill passed by key legislative committee.
- Eight appointments made to state hemp board of Kentucky.
- Governor of Iowa sued over delay in requesting medicinal cannabis exemption form.
- Canopy Growth looks to monopolise Canadian market with acquisition of Supreme Cannabis.
- Nextleaf Solutions commences human trials of cannabis vapes.
- Heritage Cannabis secures C$7 million loan from BJK Holdings.
- Organigram buys edibles manufacturer for C$22 million.
- Quebec’s cannabis industry lagging behind more than two years after legalisation.
- Canadian cannabis nursery workers unionise for first time.
- Cannabis sales in Newfoundland and Labrador rose by around 35% in 2020.
WHAT DOES THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS LOOK LIKE?
Prohibition Partners Co-Founder and CEO Stephen Murphy is co-hosting a session of Vanguard Scientific’s ‘Inside the Industry’ webinar series on 14 April 2021.
The session will define what the immediate and long term future of the cannabis industry looks like from a global perspective, and is part of a five-segment webinar event that is designed to give a current and multi-perspective understanding of the cannabinoid market within the US and globally.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Ecuadorian co-operative aiming to transform local farming communities using medicinal cannabis.
- Senators in Mexico seek agreement on cannabis regulation changes.
- Argentina approves national programme to study medicinal cannabis.
- Brazilian Chamber to hear report on regulation of medicinal cannabis products.
- Guide published to help Colombian companies understand cannabis legislation.
- Colombia makes first legal shipment of cannabis to the United States.
- Doctor presents the need for legalisation of medicinal cannabis in Brazil.
- Cann Farm receives first licence in Peru to grow medicinal cannabis.
- Former New Zealand paper mill to become medicinal cannabis plant.
- Victorian cannabis oil plant successfully exports largest shipment from Australia to Germany.
- Legalise Cannabis Party wins second seat in Australian state election.
- HempFusion’s CBD products receive approval to enter Asian market.
- Medicinal cannabis sales in Australia on track to double in 2021.
- Australian medical cannabis company Cronos launches CBD gel for athletes in Asia.
- Attorney General of Guam yet to receive draft regulations for cannabis industry.
- Thai health minister continues to show support for cannabis industry.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- InterCure and MediCann to develop cannabis markets in Austria and Luxembourg.
- South Africa bill for private and commercial use of cannabis set to be law by 2023.
- Cannabis Trade Association Africa wants to speed up cannabis reform in South Africa.
- Panaxia Israel Laboratories targets EU market to offset COVID-19 economic decline.