WHAT KEY TRENDS ARE DRIVING EXTRACTION FORWARD?
Prohibition Partners were joined by Always Pure Organics and Vitalis Extraction Technology for an exclusive preview of The Extraction Report on Wednesday, 30 June.
The Extraction Report, due for release later this month, takes a deep dive into global regulations, the main barriers that many extractors face in the industry, the future potential of the market – and more. Our panel of experts previewed some of the initial findings of the report and discuss what trends are driving this attractive segment of the cannabis and hemp industries forward.
FRANCE’S HIGHEST COURT RULES CBD PRODUCTS – INCLUDING FLOWER – ARE LEGAL
MEXICO’S SUPREME COURT DECRIMINALISES ADULT-USE CANNABIS
- Survey finds 70% of Swiss citizens support the legalisation of adult-use cannabis.
- Denmark publishes report offering application guidance to aspiring industrial hemp cultivators.
- Belgian research into soil cleansing potential of cannabis could open up new market.
- Epilepsy patients in Italy will be able to access CBD-based medication following state approval.
- Germany sees increasing support for changing restrictive hemp laws despite legislation setbacks.
- Andorra looks to cannabis in order to spark industrial transformation with new study.
- North Macedonian economy could be boosted by allowing medical cannabis exports.
- Few Scottish patients are able to access medical cannabis as the costs associated with prescriptions are prohibitive.
- The Medical Cannabis Clinics become the first cannabis clinic in the UK to receive positive rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Europe’s largest rose greenhouse awaits final approval before commencing cannabis cultivation.
BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NEW YORK – SPONSORSHIP PACKAGES AVAILABLE NOW
The combined network of Prohibition Partners and Business of Cannabis boasts some of the most influential investors, regulators and cannabis industry executives globally. Elevate and expose your brand to this influential audience at Business of Cannabis: New York. Limited sponsorship packages and opportunities are now available.
- Qualified patients granted permission to grow medical cannabis at home in South Dakota.
- Conservative Supreme Court judge suggests federal cannabis prohibition is contradictory.
- New legislation lifts restrictions on inhalable cannabis products in Louisiana’s medical programme.
- Legalisation allows personal possession and cultivation of adult-use cannabis in New Mexico.
- State recognises potential for hemp as Pennsylvania approves three research projects.
- Boost for controversial delta-8 THC as Hemp Industries Association declares support.
- The Parent Company expands California retail footprint with US$11.5 million acquisition.
- Michigan’s cannabis market reaches US$3.2 billion just two years after adult-use legalisation.
- Bill to legalise medical cannabis gains traction in North Carolina Senate.
- Craft cannabis movement gathers momentum in Quebec as more producers join community initiative.
- Hexo cements US presence with acquisition of Colorado-based production facility.
- Bast Fibre Technologies, specialising in natural fibres, enters European market with a new production site.
- Tilray’s SweetWater Brewing company launches into its first collaboration with cannabis brand Broken Coast Cannabis.
- Christina Lake Cannabis reaches benchmark with successful production of high-THC oils.
- US Segra International completes first successful export from Canada.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Paraguay is set to provide patients with free access to medical cannabis products.
- Puerto Rico Senate approves legislation protecting medical cannabis patients from workplace drug tests.
- Fotmer Life Sciences to enter German market after securing European partnership with Cantourage.
- Strong global demand for cannabis sees requests for Jamaican export licences rise.
- Regulatory advances accelerate Khiron’s entry into Mexican cannabis market.
- Uruguay looks into legalising cannabis products after considering a recent series of studies.
- Argentinian economist sends bill to Congress which would establish regulations for cannabis export.
- China to harvest 40,000 acres of hemp as government support increases for the industry.
- Thailand making strides to catch up on cannabis research as universities launch studies.
- Singaporean iX Biopharma progresses Brazilian collaboration with agreement to begin supplying medical cannabis wafers.
- Althea enters South African market following successful export of first medical cannabis shipment.
- Australian government shows support for medical cannabis with AU$467,000 grant for MediPharm Labs.
- NZX-listed Cannasouth on track to start exporting cannabis flower by early next year.
- Medical cannabis is now available in Tasmania but doctors lack confidence in prescribing.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Growing and exporting cannabis legalised in Rwanda as government passes new law.
- Mauritius could legalise CBD for medical use as ministerial discussions begin.
- South Africa’s Felbridge completes the country’s first European export of medical cannabis.
- Halo eyes significant expansion with merging of Lesotho base and UK distribution network.
- Cannabis use on the rise during pandemic as Israel reports sharp increase in fines.
- Israeli studies find medical cannabis helps children with severe epilepsy, though note possible negative effects.