CONTINUED PROGRESS ON MEDICAL CANNABIS ACCESS FOR PATIENTS IN IRELAND
The Irish Ministry of Health announced a new Medical Cannabis Access Programme is operational as of July 2021. In addition, patients obtaining medical cannabis under ministerial approval will now have their products directly reimbursed by the government.
Although patient access to medical cannabis products in Ireland now appears to be improving, this positive shift is preceded by more broadscale access in other countries across Europe. Recent surveys have shown overwhelming support from the Irish public for the legalisation of medical cannabis.
FRANCE DRAFTS REGULATIONS PROHIBITING HEMP FLOWERS DESPITE COURT RULING
NEW YORK TO ALLOW FARMERS TO SELL AND GROW BEFORE LAUNCH OF ADULT-USE PROGRAMME
- Berlin Senate to go to Cologne Administrative Court to obtain exemption for sales-for-consumption project.
- Year-on-year imports of medical cannabis flowers to Germany increase despite slow take-off for 2021.
- Switzerland makes further revisions to its adult-use pilot programme on the cusp of its launch.
- European industrial hemp market in high demand, with 60% of crops already sold for this year.
- Greece to legalise cultivation, sale and export of cannabis with over 0.2% THC, though amendments may delay progress.
- Swedish entrepreneur creates cryptocurrency CanCoin with the aim of becoming Europe’s central cannabis bank.
- France publishes its draft decree to allow for the cultivation, import, export, and industrial and commercial use of CBD.
- Delays expected for first legal cannabis harvests in the Netherlands due to programme uncertainties.
LIVE WEBINAR – CBD COSMETICS AND PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS
In this exclusive webinar, Prohibition Partners and Always Pure Organics will discuss the market, trends, challenges and wide range of opportunities in this innovative sector of CBD – from formulation FAQs to future innovations.
Join Prohibition Partners’ data & strategy director Barbara Pastori, alongside Always Pure Organics formulation specialist Ewelina Balec, and sales lead Stephanie Cowan, for an open discussion around the opportunities in cosmetics.
- Ayr Wellness to enter Illinois cannabis market with acquisition of Herbal Remedies Dispensaries.
- Maryland lawmakers in favour of a referendum on the legalisation of adult-use cannabis.
- Cannabis activists in Missouri file four cannabis initiatives to place reform and legalisation on the ballot for 2022.
- Kentucky Hemp Association sues agriculture and state police after raids on multiple dispensaries.
- MedPharm acquires a licence from the DEA in order to conduct research on schedule 1 cannabis products.
- Evermore receives US$15.5 million for expansion of its Maryland cultivation and manufacturing facility.
- Californian Department of Cannabis Control to centralise licensing for the cannabis market.
- Empower Clinics moves to divest its legacy cannabis assets, to focus on integrated healthcare.
- Amazon continues support for cannabis reform, lobbying for the first time on cannabis legalisation.
- Wisconsin may be obliged to relinquish hemp-grower regulation to the USDA after state budget losses.
- Green Thumb to launch Good Green to support marginalised communities affected by the war on drugs.
- Aleafia introduces new cannabis brand Nith & Grand, featuring cannabis flowers and concentrates.
- High Tide continues rapid expansion with acquisition of online cannabis retailer DankStop.
- Hempsana signs processing agreement with New Leaf Canada to process 2,000 kilograms of hemp biomass.
- Health Canada issues PBG BioPharma with a Standard Processing Licence to process and sell hemp and cannabis.
- British Columbia cannabis outlet makes province’s first legal cannabis product delivery to retail customer.
- Flora Growth announces intention to relocate its headquarters to Miami, Florida.
- Sundial Growers adds a retail network of Canadian cannabis stores with acquisition of Spiritleaf.
- Ghost Drops must discard pre-legalisation branding in order to adhere to Canadian compliance laws.
- Canadian cannabis stocks could see increases once federal legislation is passed in the US.
- Pure Sunfarms receives amended licensing to start immediate cultivation.
STATE SENATOR LIZ KRUEGER WILL DETAIL NEW YORK’S ‘NATION-LEADING’ MODEL FOR CANNABIS LEGISLATION
Joining Prohibition Partners and Business of Cannabis in New York on 29 September, State Senator and lead sponsor of the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (MRTA) Liz Krueger will reveal more about New York’s cannabis legalisation model.
With a ‘nation-leading’ model for legalisation, is New York set to become the new Capital of Cannabis? Early Bird Ticket sales for Business of Cannabis: New York are ending soon. Secure your seat at a reduced price today.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Peruvian Congress approves the legislation of self-cultivation for medical use.
- Brazil to study the effects of CBD on heart failure, which represents 27% of the country’s yearly deaths.
- Argentinian city of Mendoza looks towards production of medical cannabis to improve economic activity.
- Argentinian company Pampa Hemp joins INTA in a medical cannabis cultivation project to develop the private sector.
- GROW receives the first cannabis cultivation licence in Antigua and Barbuda, spurring the industry into action.
- Brazilian companies invest pre-emptively in cannabis cultivation despite total ban.
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will be unable to use CBD due to Japan’s restrictive cannabis laws.
- Australia’s Medicinal Cannabis Symposium postponed due to the most recent Covid-19 outbreak.
- Chinese company creates baby- and feminine-hygiene products from hemp fibre.
- Creso’s share prices increase after completing acquisition of psychedelics company Halucenex Life Sciences.
- Medibis to launch its first medical cannabis products after fundraising efforts secure BOL Pharma partnership.
- New study of whole genome resequencing finds cannabis was first domesticated in Neolithic times in East Asia.