SWITZERLAND IS SET TO LEGALISE MEDICAL AND ADULT-USE CANNABIS
Switzerland has announced its plans to legalise adult-use and medical cannabis, after a parliamentary commission ruled the drug should be taken off its banned substances list.
The Social Security and Health Commission of the Council of States (SGK-S) said cannabis should be regulated in Switzerland in order to control the cannabis market better, and to eliminate the black market for cannabis in the country.
US SENATOR RELEASES TEXT FOR BILL TO LEGALISE ADULT-USE CANNABIS IN WASHINGTON D.C.
PAKISTANI MINISTER SAYS HE WILL PRESENT A CANNABIS CULTIVATION BILL BY DECEMBER 2021
- North Macedonia seeks foreign investment in its cannabis industry, to boost economy by €250 million.
- The NHS’s medical cannabis programme remains inaccessible for most patients, with three prescriptions in three years.
- An early study on cannabigerol indicates effectiveness on anxiety, chronic pain, depression and insomnia.
- Poland’s hemp farming subsidies decrease 36% due to high THC levels in the predominantly grown hemp variety.
- Demecan begins cannabis cultivation in Germany for medical purposes with deliveries expected for January 2022.
- An increase in medical cannabis and CBD company listings on the stock exchange signals stability in the industry.
- Adults in Luxembourg will soon be allowed to grow up to four cannabis plants after it legalises production and consumption.
- The UK’s CIC discuss initiatives that include reviewing THC-limits in hemp foods, eligibility campaigns and more.
- Cannabis telemedicine company Algea closes US$10 million financing round, to grow further in the digital health space.
- Thought Leaders acquires Mellow for US$13.2 million, accessing the Asian and European markets.
- Alternative plastics company to import hemp plastic into Europe from Colorado-based The Hemp Plastic Company.
- Xebra enters the European market with the construction of its cannabis facility in the Netherlands.
- Paris’s first Salon du CBD opens its doors, though the government plans a ban on CBD flowers for smoking.
- Ayr Wellness announces final results of its warrant exercises, raising US$49.7 million.
- Gold Flora to cultivate cannabis in California after entering into lease agreement with IIP investment trust.
- New study finds impact of cannabis legalisation on crime is underestimated due to severe measurement errors.
- Colorado State University opens Cannabinoid Research Center to research natural alternatives to medicine.
- USDA undertakes a nationwide survey of hemp producers to establish necessary benchmarks for the hemp industry.
- Patients in Alabama may not be able to access medical cannabis until 2023 due to licensing date limits.
- Segra signs an agreement with Galaxia to supply cannabis cultivars destined for medical cannabis patients.
- Canopy Growth’s planned acquisition of brand Wana will streamline its entry into the cannabis edibles market.
- High Tide successfully enters into a revolving credit agreement with ATB Financial for C$25 million.
- Cronos Group develops CBG and THC gummies from cultured fermentation rather than cannabis.
- Unified Global signs letter of intent to acquire cannabis dispensaries Canmore Cannabis and Cochrane Cannabis.
- Valens to distribute its products in Quebec, with its products accessible to over 95% of the Canadian population.
- Manitoba amend alcohol and cannabis bill, to allow the delivery of cannabis products through third-party companies.
- Auxley moves into sixth position for total sales among producers in Canada, earning 5.7% of the total market.
JOIN GLOBAL LEADERS AND SHAPE THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS IN EUROPE AT CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON
Three weeks to go until Cannabis Europa London at the iconic Banking Hall – VIP Tickets have now completely SOLD OUT.
Secure your Advance Conference Ticket before Wednesday 27 October, when Final Release tickets go on sale and prices increase. Join us on 10-11 November alongside a host of the European cannabis industry’s key decision makers and investors. Let’s push things forward.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Clever Leaves partners with Pharmalabs, supplying magisterial cannabis medications for distribution in Colombia.
- ArgenCann demands the Chamber of Deputies progress with cannabis laws to help the economy post-pandemic.
- Brazilian councillor Elzuila Calisto proposes ANVISA cannabis prescription authorisation in Teresina.
- Mexico announces sales and production legislation could be just weeks from becoming law.
- Costa Rica latest Latin American country to legalise medical cannabis, and allow production and processing of cannabis.
- Ora Pharm enters into exclusive supply and distribution deal with Canngea seeing Ora Pharm’s products in Australia.
- Greenlane to acquire cannabis accessories company DaVinci for US$20 million.
- Thai food company NRF to purchase further 51% of cannabis company Golden Triangle Health to take ownership.
- The Green Organic Dutchman enters the Asia-Pacific market with its shipment of medical cannabis to LeafCann.
- Japanese start-up Kotomori releases a new CBD edible product developed for sleep and stress.
- Hemp Fields lodges application with the FSANZ to allow the use and sale of low-THC hemp for human consumption.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Gauteng’s government continues developing the region’s cannabis industry, calling for serious investment.
- Israeli parliament to pass cannabis legislation giving 100,000 patients easier access to medical cannabis.
- Israel’s medical cannabis patient registrations see a decrease for the first time in one and a half years.
- The chairman of the National Tax Committee voices disdain of South Africa’s reluctance to legalise cannabis.
- Uganda exports medical cannabis to Germany, its fourth ever international cannabis export since legalisation.