UK HEALTH MINISTER SAYS LACK OF RESEARCH IS IMPEDING MEDICAL CANNABIS PRESCRIPTION PROGRESS
UK ministers came together this week in Parliament to debate the issuance of medical cannabis prescriptions by clinicians. Despite coming under increasing pressure to alleviate the medical cannabis prescribing impasse, the UK Government continued to distance itself from the issue.
Health Minister Maria Caulfield said during Wednesday’s debate that ‘prescribing now rests in the hands of the clinicians,’ insisting the issue was not a political one.
ILLINOIS RECORDS US$123 MILLION IN CANNABIS SALES THIS OCTOBER, UP 64% FROM SEPTEMBER
EUROPEAN COMMISSION CONSIDERS MAKING CBD A NARCOTIC TO ALIGN WITH INCB’S HARD-LINE STANCE
- The island of Guernsey to discuss cannabis legalisation in 2022 after a series of reforms in the past year.
- Luxembourg experiences medical cannabis shortages after recent Tilray deal, with restock expected this month.
- A campaign group in the UK is calling for driving-law reform due to the number of cannabis motoring convictions.
- Alternative Medical Products announces its strategic acquisition of newly named CBD company Greenrise Global Brands.
- Medical cannabis company Cantourage releases new dried flower product exclusively available to German market.
- A recent survey by the Hemp Association DHV shows that a majority of Germans align with cannabis legalisation.
- Oxford Cannabinoid Technologies announce change of leadership after contractual breach.
- UK CBD company Love Hemp expects to list on the LSE within the next few months, making it its largest listing yet.
- Xebra Brands begins cultivation in the Netherlands after being selected to participate in the country’s cultivation trial.
- The CBD isolates market may dip to €300 a kilo or below due to an abundance in oversupply.
- Creso Pharma enters into a non-binding letter of intent with Innuana to enter the Swiss cannabis market.
- Parents of children with intractable epilepsy challenge UK ministers about inaccessibility of medical cannabis.
FREE STREAMING TICKETS FOR CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON
There’s less than a week to go until Cannabis Europa London and tickets for the conference are completely sold out. However, you can still watch each of the panels live online with a FREE streaming ticket.
Join us virtually as policy makers, medical professionals, investors and business leaders converge on London next week to shape the future of cannabis in Europe. Let’s Push Things Forward.
- New York’s Cannabis Control Board gives itself until 2023 to begin issuing adult-use cannabis licences for dispensaries.
- Cannabix Technologies creates sensitive THC drug screening technology targeted at law enforcement.
- A cannabis referendum in Philadelphia has received 74% in favour of adult-use cannabis legalisation.
- ECS University adds cannabis cultivation course to its curriculum as part of new cannabis programme.
- Columbia Care adds four stores and 35,000 sq. ft facility to its portfolio after US$42 million Medicine Man acquisition.
- Cannabis used for studies by US government found genetically closer to hemp than the legal cannabis market.
- New Mexico discusses concerns on cannabis tourism and water rights in wake of adult-use cannabis legalisation.
- Lexaria begins study to compare its CBD product against FDA-approved Epidiolex and other CBD products for seizures.
HANetf ARE GOLD SPONSORS OF CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON
Cannabis Europa is pleased to announce that HANetf are Gold Sponsors of Cannabis Europa London next week.
HANetf is an independent provider of UCITS ETFs, working with asset management companies to bring differentiated, modern and innovative exposures to European ETF investors. Co-Founder and Co-CEO Hector McNeil will also be sharing his expertise on stage in the ‘The Great European Opportunity’ panel on 11 November.
- Canadian cannabis companies set to report second quarter earnings after a downward trend this past year.
- Truss Beverage Co. partners with Two Roots to create Bedfellows Liquid Arts, a cannabis-infused beverage company.
- Report finds 70% of cannabis purchases in Quebec in 2021 were through legal Société québécoise du cannabis stores.
- Reports say 1,500 Winnipeg homes contain commercial-scale grow-operations using medical cannabis licences.
- Hexo reports net losses of C$67.9 million in its fourth quarter after a loss of C$169.5 million in 2021.
- Aurora announces manufacturing agreement with Valens to launch the new Canna Cane Mints THC edibles product.
- The Hash Corporation announces it has listed two of its cannabis products on the Ontario Cannabis Store website.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Anvisa receives applications for authorisation of cannabis products for sale in Brazilian pharmacies.
- A joint public hearing held in Brazil’s Teresina discussed providing medical cannabis at state level.
- University of Sao Paulo study has shown CBD to be effective in the treatment of burnout and exhaustion.
- Police in Argentina ordered to avoid investigative and operational surveillance of medical cannabis crops.
- Flora Growth announces plans to acquire US cannabis technology company Vessel Brand for US$30 million.
- FoliuMed completes deal with Colombian and Brazilian companies for 130,000 units of cannabis solution.
- AUDACIOUS to enter into a strategic partnership with Golden Triangle Health to break into the Asian market.
- MedikhanaX announces it has officially listed its IEO on cryptocurrency marketplace GokuMarket.
- Ligar partners with Canadian company Maratek to launch cannabis purification system.
- ECS Botanics raises AU$6.6 million after issuing 200 million new shares to expand production and capacity.
- The CESEC of French Polynesia advises against medical cannabis trials, citing incompetence seen in the French trial.
- Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration urges hemp-based cosmetic companies to register for approval within days.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Panaxia releases preliminary estimates for its third quarter to increase 25%, amounting to NIS 22 million.
- Minister of Agriculture in Malawi urges cannabis growers to form cooperatives to increase bargaining power.
- The Taliban says it will crack down on illegal cannabis operations; however, farmers report no action has been taken.