International Cannabis Weekly: 241
AVAILABLE NOW – THE EUROPEAN CANNABIS REPORT: 7TH EDITION
2021 was another huge year for the liberalisation and mainstreaming of cannabis in Europe. Legislation, regulations and market developments continued to evolve for the better.
Many countries continued to improve their medical cannabis access schemes, and Prohibition Partners estimates that €354 million worth of unlicensed medical cannabis will be sold in Europe in 2022, and this could reach €2.3 billion in 2026.
Download the full report and discover cutting-edge insight and unrivalled commentary on the most pertinent cannabis trends across the continent.
THE FSA PUBLISHES LIST OF ELIGIBLE UK CBD PRODUCTS ONE YEAR LATE
CELADON BECOMES THE FIRST BRITISH CANNABIS COMPANY TO LIST ON THE AIM IN 21 YEARS
- Celadon Pharmaceuticals has become the first British company to list on AIM in 21 years.
- The Netherlands’ experiment with regulated cannabis cultivation has been delayed for a second time.
- Drug manufacturer Dermapharm expects further profits thanks to cooperation with Biontech.
- The General Council of Pharmacists in Spain proposes to carry out a pilot test for the sale of medical cannabis.
- Alpen Group has completed its merger with Plain Jane Wholesale, Alpex Pharma and Wegrow.
- The amount of dried flower exported from Portugal grew from 4.5 tonnes in 2020 to over 30 tonnes in 2021.
- After a key vote, the law for the development of hemp in Sardinia has been unanimously approved.
- A Maryland senate panel approves adult-use cannabis legalisation in small quantities.
- The New Mexico government has forged a deal with Native American groups to grow cannabis on tribal lands.
- Missouri’s Department of Agriculture is awarding grants to expand the state’s hemp processing capacity.
- A committee of the Rhode Island House of Representatives have met to discuss cannabis legalisation.
- A Florida-based software company will help South Dakota’s cannabis industry monitor the flow of cannabis in the state.
- A local government bill has been passed to create the Kentucky Center for Cannabis Research.
- A new cannabis growing facility has received first reading approval by Rolling Meadows City Council.
- An Illinois Senate Commitee gathered this week to discuss a bill that would stop workers being fired for smoking cannabis.
- RIV Capital has an agreement to acquire New York based Etain LLC in a deal worth US$247 million.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THE EUROPEAN CANNABIS REPORT: EDITION 7
The European Cannabis Report: Edition 7 will give readers all the latest information and analysis on the development of the embryonic cannabis markets across Europe. Included in the report are deep dives into all key sectors and geographic regions in the cannabis markets, with many data sources which have been exclusively obtained by Prohibition Partners or else remain un-reported to date.
- Canadian cannabis producers await a US vote on legalisation that would declassify cannabis as a controlled substance.
- High Tide is set to acquire Bud Heaven, as it adds two new physical retail stores to their portfolio.
- The Valens Company announces that it has entered into an agreement with Stifel Nicolaus Canada Inc.
- Sugarbud announces that it has entered into an agreement with Research Capital Corporation.
- Canada House Wellness Group has reported a 115% increase in Q4 profits year-on-year.
- Aurora Cannabis expands its recreational portfolio by acquiring TerraFarma Inc.
- PBG BioPharma opens the company’s full-service retail pharmacy under the name of Atria Pharmacy.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Khiron has partnered with healthcare company Teleton to bring access to medical cannabis across Mexico.
- Buenos Aires is celebrating the supply of CAT 3, the first 100% Argentinian cannabis seed.
- The first laboratory dedicated to cannabis quality control has opened in Mar del Plata, Argentina.
- The Argentine Ministry of Health has authorised NGOs to grow medical cannabis for up to 150 patients.
- Bermuda’s House of Assembly has passed legislation making it legal to grow and sell cannabis in Bermuda.
- The cannabis industry is very much part of the Productive Argentina Government Plan for 2030.
- FoliuMed claims that it has made the largest ever medical cannabis shipment from Colombia to Australia.
- The Tasmanian government will revisit the Industrial Hemp Act over concerns that rules are harming the industry.
- South West cannabis greenhouse just weeks from completion with millions already splashed.
- The Mauritian government has agreed to start a trial on the legalisation of medical cannabis.
- Greenfern Industries states that it is the first New Zealand cannabis company to be awarded B Corp Certification.
- Avecho Biotechnology releases positive results for the trial it ran on its CBD gel in treating osteoarthritis.
Africa & The Middle East
- Intercure has signed a partnership with Clever Leaves as a substantial shareholder sells shares in the company.
- IM Cannabis Corp has announced that it has secured three strategic acquisitions in Israel.
- Bull Pharma went from making a loss of NIS 40 million to a profit of NIS 19 million in the space of a year.
- President Cyril Ramaphosa plans to review tight cannabis regulations in order to kickstart the industry.
- The leading medical cannabis doctor in Israel has been banned from issuing cannabis prescriptions.
- CloneLabs, a South African cannabis biotech start-up, is setting up a new facility in Lesotho.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.