International Cannabis Weekly: 251
2 WEEKS TO GO UNTIL CANNABIS EUROPA: SECURE YOUR SEAT TODAY
There are now just over two weeks to go until Cannabis Europa, secure your seat today before prices rise on Friday 17 June for Final Release.
Join us for a carefully curated agenda of innovative panels including: Forecasting the European Market, Innovations within Cannabis, Patients Perspective, Investor Views and Adult-Use Legalisation. All of this is delivered by world renowned, industry-leading speakers such as Dr Carl Hart, Karan Wadhera, CJ Wallace and many more.
Explore what your next move could be in the cannabis industry as we unearth the plant’s full potential at our premier conference and expo. Book your ticket today to secure your seat at the table for Cannabis Europa London on 28-29 June.
THE SDP PARTY IN PORTUGAL DELIVER A DRAFT BILL FOR CANNABIS LEGALISATION
THE UKRAINIAN GOVERNMENT AUTHORISE THE USE OF MEDICAL CANNABIS
- The Dutch House of Representatives committee debates the evaluation of the Bureau for Medicinal Cannabis.
- A bill to legalise cannabis in Copenhagen will be heard at City Hall from two of the capital’s main parties.
- British CBD provider Cannaray enters the German market for medical cannabis with subsidiary company Therismos.
- LYPHE Group open a new cannabis facility in Guernsey as they support the expanding patient community.
- Research recently published suggests that 1.6 million Germans could use cannabis as medicine.
- Jersey issued its fifth cultivation licence as it positions itself as a regional cannabis leader.
- The third International Portugal Medical Cannabis Conference is set to take place in Lisbon next week.
- Cantourage and Clever Leaves intensify partnership for the distribution of medical cannabis in Germany.
- New York’s cannabis board has voted to advance the regulations for the state’s recreational cannabis industry.
- North Carolina passes a bill that will authorise the use of cannabis in the treatment of a number of ailments.
- Illinois has issued 48 new craft cannabis cultivation licences in a bid to diversify the industry.
- New Mexico raises US$4.1 million in taxes from the first month of cannabis sales.
- A proposed budget bill in Virginia would make CBD and hemp products only available to those over 21.
- Dun Agro Hemp Group said it will set up its headquarters and first processing facility in Indiana.
- 22nd Century Group is integrating with GVB Biopharma after trading US $60 million in stock for the CBD group.
- The Washington D.C Council has approved a bill which will prevent employers from punishing cannabis use.
- Just over a week after it launched, Mississippi’s cannabis licence portal has seen over 1,800 people register.
- The US Treasury Department is starting to recognise the cannabis industry as it requests tax information from banks.
MGC Pharmaceuticals are Headline Sponsors of Cannabis Europa London.Last year MGC became the first medicinal cannabis company to be admitted to the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
“As always, MGC is happy to be lead sponsor of such a significant and impactful event…Cannabis Europa provides opportunities for exposure, education, interfacing with the rest of the industry, and gives a real time view into one of the fastest growing and most compelling sectors in today’s market…” – Roby Zomer, Managing Director and CEO
We’re thrilled to be supported by MGC Pharmaceuticals as we work to push the European cannabis industry forward.
- Tilray Medical launches a sleep-orientated night oil for medical cannabis patients in Canada.
- Since legalising cannabis for recreational use, it has contributed more than C$35 billion in GDP.
- Heritage Cannabis signs an agreement with a major LP to supply products for their medical cannabis platform.
- Speakers at Lift&Co conference suggest that cannabis reform in the US could stabilise the Canadian market.
- Aurora Cannabis reduces debt with a C$20 million convertible note to repurchase.
- The Consumers Association of Canada has challenged Health Canada’s proposal to restrict vape flavours.
- Canix has raised C$10 million from venture capitalists for its seed-to-shelf operation across the US and Canada.
- The Williams Lake First Nation is preparing to open Canada’s first ‘farm-gate’ style cannabis retailer.
- Neptune Wellness Solutions announce the launch of a new Consumer Package Goods plan to reduce costs.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- The Brazilian Superior Court of Justice will vote on the role of the ANS, which could affect cannabis prescriptions.
- Khiron is set to acquire Pharmadrug, an EU-GMP-certified European manufacturing operation for cannabis.
- Argentina is set to establish a regulator to manage hemp and medicinal cannabis under a bill signed by the president.
- PharmaCielo announces a shipment of CBD full spectrum oil containing THC, to develop a new product in Brazil.
- An estimated 24,000 jobs could be created in Colombia with a fully legal cannabis market.
- The ACC supports the election of Daniel Scioli as the new Minister of Productive Development.
There are just over two weeks to go until industry leaders descend upon the Old Billingsgate for Cannabis Europa on June 28-29 for our industry leading two-day conference and expo.
Do you want to get in front of the worlds largest B2B cannabis community and position your brand at the forefront of the cannabis industry in Europe? Sponsorship applications closes on Wednesday 15 June and a limited number of spaces are available.
- The legislative candidates in Polynesia are all in favour of medical cannabis legalisation.
- Cann Group has announced that it is harvesting its first medical cannabis crop at its Mildura facility.
- Barcelona’s cannabis museum is set to host an exhibition on the history of cannabis in Japan.
- MCG Pharma’s trial of its THC spray shows that the drug can inhibit behaviour deterioration in dementia patients.
- MedCann has secured an exclusive agreement with US firm Vantage Hemp in a multi-million dollar deal.
- The ETAA seeks an early meeting with the Albanese government to advocate for the cannabis sector.
Africa & The Middle East
- The Israeli market has developed a device where consumers can prepare homemade RSO oil in 20 minutes.
- Morocco’s newly formed cannabis agency meets for the first time, discussing approval of the organisation.
- VOEDSEL Cannabis, recently issued with a licence to grow cannabis, has started producing CBD oil from its pilot plant.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.