International Cannabis Weekly: 263
LAST CHANCE TO SECURE YOUR EARLY BIRD TICKETS FOR BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NEW YORK!
Produced in partnership with Prohibition Partners, Business of Cannabis: New York will bring together 400+ leaders focused on creating the most successful cannabis market in the US — and one of the biggest in the world. Join 400+ of the North American cannabis industry’s most influential stakeholders as we return to the Big Apple on 3 November.
Due to a global technical issue with the Eventbrite website, we’re aware that some of you weren’t able to purchase tickets for Business of Cannabis: New York at the reduced rate. We have therefore extended Early Bird Ticket sales until midnight EDT tonight (Friday 2 September). Save $100 per ticket before prices rise!
LEGAL MEDICAL CANNABIS PRESCRIPTIONS TO BE AVAILABLE IN SPAIN BY 2023
WHITE HOUSE ISSUES STATEMENT ON SLOW FEDERAL LEGISLATION PROGRESS
- The UK’s Cannabis Industry Council calls on Tory leadership to scrap outdated EU regulations.
- Officials in Estonia are planning to increase the permitted limit of THC in hemp to 0.3% by 2023.
- First European recreational THC cannabis trial weeks away from launching in Switzerland.
- Months after parliament approved a new law, authorities in Malta are yet to start issuing cannabis social club licences.
- Dresden International University and Vayamed partner to create a new Cannabis-based Therapy course.
- Significant price decrease in the reimbursable base price for medical cannabis cultivated in Germany.
- A trial in the UK will see children with severe epilepsy receive medical cannabis treatment at a reduced cost.
- Italy’s PD Democratic Party has included cannabis legalisation in its election manifesto.
- Canbe becomes the first company to harvest industrial hemp in Belgium for the production of CBD.
- Emerging US cannabis markets are seeing growth, whilst the more mature markets are slowing down.
- A number of new cannabis bills are advancing in California, with more reforms pending.
- Problems arise for small cannabis companies in Pennsylvania as they struggle to stay afloat.
- Vertically-integrated cannabis company Cansortium reports a 14% increase in revenue in its Q2 2022 financial results.
- An increase in Arizona’s recreational cannabis sales is affecting medical cannabis sales.
- Federal Trade Commission issuing refunds to customers who bought ‘deceptively marketed’ CBD products.
- Bhang Inc. partners with Hoodie Analytics to streamline strategies and make ‘data-driven decisions’.
- American Council of Cannabis Medicine announces participation in the NHCSA Building Bridges Program.
- Aurora Cannabis invests C$45 million to acquire controlling interest of agriculture grower Bevo Farms.
- Closing of the first tranche of Canada House’s previously announced acquisition of MTL Cannabis.
- TYSON 2.0, Mike Tyson’s new cannabis brand, will be manufactured by HEXO, in Canada.
- Entourage Health adds four new union groups to its Starseed cannabis programme.
- Pre-rolls account for almost 25% of Canada’s 2022 cannabis sales, making them more popular than in the US.
- First-ever line of vegan gummies has been launched by Glass House, under its value cannabis brand Allswell.
- Emerald Health Therapeutics Inc. (EMH) has reported its financial information for the last quarter.
- Pilot project for cannabis micro producers to be launched in Quebec, to facilitate the marketing of new products.
VENUE & AGENDA ANNOUNCED FOR BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NEW YORK
The wait is nearly over – the venue for Business of Cannabis: New York (previously hosted in the Rainbow Room at the Rockefeller Centre) is set to be announced next week as we bring together the leading figures in the North American cannabis market.
You can expect another iconic venue for this year’s event on 3 November. Keep your eyes peeled for next week’s announcement and find out where all of the action will unfold.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Market for the veterinary use of medical cannabis in Brazil could generate around US$288 million.
- Argentina’s National Survey overthrows the myth that cannabis is the gateway to ‘hard’ drugs.
- Senasa has participated in the II International Congress of Cannabis & Industrial Hemp in Argentina.
- The Brazilian cannabis market prepares for regulation, as the country’s cannabis startups begin to boom.
- The New Zealand Medicinal Cannabis Council is looking to make CBD available over the counter.
- Cronos Australia announces it will pay its first dividend to shareholders, reporting record growth in 2022.
- Vietnam’s cannabis laws are tough on paper, but penalties are often not as harsh as for other illegal drugs.
- Bod Australia plans to acquire UK company Aqua Phase, despite reporting a decline in revenue.
- The third Cannabis as Medicine Survey has been published by researchers from University of Sydney’s Lambert Initiative.
- The Lambert Initiative reports positive results from a study of the effect of cannabinoids on cancer.
Africa & The Middle East
- Israeli cannabis company THERAPiN is launching a new strain using a relatively new method – cold plasma.
- Israel’s Ministry of Health has published a proposal outlining a transition from a licence model to a prescription model.
- Israel’s Ministry of Health is asking the public for their opinion on medical cannabis.
- The Western Cape High Court has dismissed an application to decriminalise cannabis ‘grow clubs’.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.